For everything that occurs around the pitch.
Steve Russell
Site Admin

Sam Field Signs a New Contract....

Post by Steve Russell »

Great news from the Club....

SAM Field has signed a new contract with QPR.

The midfielder, 25, has been a mainstay for Rangers since joining us from West Bromwich Albion in
early 2021 - initially on loan before the deal was made permanent that summer - making 131 appearances
and scoring six times.

Last year, Field underlined his importance to the team by being named both fans' and players' player of the season.

"I'm really happy to sign a new deal," Sam said. "Everyone knows that I've really enjoyed my time here so far -
I love playing for QPR and I want to keep on doing so.

"Playing games is something that means a lot to me and I've played a lot since I joined.

"I know we're not in the situation we want to be currently, but I want to be part of something going forward and I
want that to be here.

"You have to go with your gut - I trust this group and I trust the way we're now working under the gaffer (Martí Cifuentes).

"Hopefully we can have a good end to the season. We can feel the positivity coming back with the fans - we're all
giving everything to bring success to QPR."

Christian Nourry, QPR CEO, added: “We are delighted to retain the services of a midfielder of Sam’s quality.

"Sam provides us with a number of possibilities for the game model that we have adopted, including as a pressing #8
and as a #6 with the requisite experience to dominate and close out matches effectively.

"Putting his technical qualities to one side, Sam is also a first-rate leader and human being, who continues to
comport himself in a manner which demonstrates the highest levels of professionalism, which we expect of all of
our players.”