For everything that occurs around the pitch.
Steve Russell
Site Admin

Jimmy Dunne on the Fans & the other Night...

Post by Steve Russell »

From the Club website...
'Jimmy Dunne was full of praise for the atmosphere created by the QPR fans in our 2-2 draw
with West Brom on Wednesday night.

As the club remembered Stan Bowles, R’s supporters cranked up the volume at MATRADE Loftus Road
and were treated to an incredible night of football.

From taking the lead, to going behind, to missing a penalty, to having a goal-bound effort handballed to
safety, to equalising, to seeing an overhead kick from a centre-back headed off the line, to the fifth-placed
Baggies settling for a point with ten minutes to go, such was the dominance of the R’s, this game had
everything.

And all in the company of Stan’s family and our greatest ever side, the team of 1975/76.

Despite not taking all three points, it was a special evening in W12 – and none of that was lost on Dunne.

“The stadium was unbelievable,” he said.

“There have been a lot of special nights there, it’s a compact ground and the fans are so genuine, so behind us
but when we came out, I couldn’t believe the noise and atmosphere!

“I think we matched that with how we started the game and got the goal. They sucker-punched us but where
we are at now, we can respond.

“We haven’t been shrinking, we have been standing up when things go against us.

“We could have had two or three in the second half but it wasn’t to be – but it was a special night and an
insane atmosphere.

Sam Field scored both goals against his former side, and Dunne was delighted for the midfielder.

“I love Sam, and that was just brilliant for him,” said the Irishman.

“He works so hard, he is so consistent, he gives his absolute all and I actually said to him before the
game it was about time he unleashed the beast, and he said to me afterwards, ‘I’ve just unleashed the beast!’

“He was a real monster and I am so happy for him.”

Aside from the club and crowd remembering Bowles, the most talked-about aspect of the night was
Cedric Kipre diverting Field’s header over the crossbar with his hand while the visitors were leading.

“It should have been a penalty and a red card which would have obviously put the game in our favour,”
Dunne said.

“It is one of the most remarkable things I have seen in the Championship.

“We were on the wrong side of that one but focusing on the positives, we played some great stuff.

“We brought a lot of energy into the Leicester game and it could have been thought there would be a lot of
tiredness in last night’s performance but there was none of that. We brought the intensity again.”

Dunne has been deployed at right back since returning to the starting XI against Bristol City, and it is a role he
has been excelling at.

“It’s a change of scenery for sure but I am really enjoying it,” he said.

“Right now, results are good, performances are good and the fans are happy. Let’s not disappoint them, let’s keep
it going.”

Next up for Dunne and his team-mates is a home clash with Middlesbrough.

Rangers are a point above the relegation zone, and Dunne explained: “We are playing our own internal league in
our head.

“We have ten games, a long way to go and we are focused on what we are doing every day in training.

“As the gaffer always tells us, don’t think too far ahead, it is always about the next step, and the next step.

“That’s the approach we are taking. We are doing what we do, and really happy that the performances are getter
better and better.”