For everything that occurs around the pitch.
Steve Russell
Site Admin

Isaac Hayden Loan Now Confirmed...

Post by Steve Russell »

Now confirmed by the Club...

'ISAAC Hayden has joined QPR on loan from Newcastle United.
The 28-year-old midfielder will stay with the club for the remainder of the season.

Hayden, who began his career with Arsenal before moving to St James’ Park in 2016, is relishing
the challenge that lies ahead and is fully aware of the importance of the next 17 games for Rangers.

“I feel very happy, very pleased to be joining QPR,” he said. “I am just delighted to get it over the line.

“It is obvious to see the position the club are in at the moment but it is a challenge that I feel I can add
some value to, on and off the pitch – be an experienced player and be a leader to try and help the club
stay in the league.

“Everyone knows what the Championship is like but if we can get a consistent run of performances,
hopefully the points will come.”

Hayden, who has made 118 Premier League appearances and, just as importantly, 65 outings in the
Championship, explained why he was keen on the move.

“You can take the easy option in life and do things the easy way or you can take a challenge on and go
head first into it," he said.

“That’s what I wanted to do here. I have looked at the squad and there are some really good players in it.

“There is definitely enough there but it is about us proving that on a matchday when it counts.”

Hayden has played for Hull, Newcastle and Norwich in the Championship. While he hasn’t experienced
battling at the wrong end of the table in this division, he has experienced it more recently with the Magpies
in the top flight.

“I understand what it entails,” he said. “It needs grit, determination, heart and accountability.

“That’s a big one for me, everyone has to be accountable for their own performances and do everything t
hey can to help the team and improve the team, whether you are a young lad that hasn’t played before
or a senior pro.”

The former England Under-21 international, who played for Standard Liège until the end of 2023 and
has been keeping himself fit while back with Newcastle, added: “I’m really excited. I like a challenge,
I like to contribute and that is what I have come here to do.”

QPR CEO Christian Nourry said: “I am delighted we have been able to bring Isaac in, and I would like to thank
Newcastle United for working with us to achieve it.

“Isaac has demonstrated a clear desire to play for QPR and is exactly the type of personality we want representing us.”

R’s head coach Martí Cifuentes added: “I am very happy the club has managed to get in a player like Isaac.

“He is experienced in the Premier League and the Championship, he has played a lot of games and shown his quality.

“Not only is his experience important but also the determination that he showed to come here and the effort he
made to play for QPR. That speaks highly about him.

“He will definitely be an important player for us to achieve our target at the end of the season.”

Hayden will wear No.14.'
steveqpr881

Re: Isaac Hayden Loan Now Confirmed...

Post by steveqpr881 »

Steve Russell wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:33 pm “You can take the easy option in life and do things the easy way or you can take a challenge on and go
head first into it," he said.
It'll certainly be a challenge!
Good luck to him.