For everything that occurs around the pitch.
Tommy Cunningham

Cifuentes - we’re not getting better

Post by Tommy Cunningham »

Marti Cifuentes I think it’s blatantly obvious to any QPR supporter out there, we’re not getting better
and in actual fact we’re getting a lot worse.

We have a goalkeeper who is costing us goals on a weekly basis now, we have have a central defender in
Dunne who needs to be taken out of the firing line now. He has had a dreadful season and he is extremely
low on confidence, to keep playing this lad is wrong in my view.

You could go through this squad and pick the poor performances of every player this season, but I would be
here all day analyzing every goal conceded and why it happened. I think Cifuentes highlighted it perfectly
after the game yesterday, 15 goals conceded since he walked through the door and 10 of those goals were from
set pieces. An appalling statistic at any level of football.

We have coaches employed at QPR who have all the coaching badges ever invented, yet these highly qualified
coaches are unable to coach a group of professional footballers how to defend set pieces.
Why are these Einsteins’of football coaching on the payroll at QPR, when there is no evidence whatsoever they
are contributing anything to the club.

Looking at the injury list you do wonder how injured are some of these players are, Colback was more interested
in talking about the Tyne & Wear derby this week, than when he will be fit to play for QPR again. Clarke-Salter was
on the bench yesterday. Why? Chair and Willock probably didn’t fancy it yesterday, these are the type of characters
playing for QPR now and why we are heading for relegation.

We should never have signed Colback, Begovic, Cook, Cannon and Smyth, journeymen who were all all available for
free and looking for a final payday.

The club is in a perilous state both on and off the field, a CEO covering a number of roles within the club.
A squad of players with no sale able assets, a team that by the end of the month could be cut adrift at the bottom #
by double points.

The future of the club should be a real concern for supporters, bigger clubs than ours have dropped down the leagues.

I fear our club could follow suit.
Steve Russell
Site Admin

Re: Cifuentes - we’re not getting better

Post by Steve Russell »

Don't know how true Tommy but told that Ilias Chair is still nursing an injury?

As for Paul Smyth, thought he did well yesterday.

I wanted to see Raff Pedder come on much earlier, 88mins :o
In my opinion he deserves a proper run-out.