For everything that occurs around the pitch.
Tommy Cunningham

Time for the hierarchy at QPR to stand up and back Cifuentes

Post by Tommy Cunningham »

If the hierarchy at QPR have any intention of avoiding relegation, then they have to
support Marti Cifuentes in this transfer window whatever way they can.

If they can move any players on the time to do it is now, the squad of players at QPR are just
not good enough. They are a group of footballers who are weak mentally and sad to say out of
their depth in the Championship.

Yesterdays team lineup was destined for failure before a ball was kicked, players who have struggled
all season continued to struggle and watching this team has become a hard watch.

We were struggling for numbers yesterday due to injuries, yet Taylor Richards is once again nowhere
near the squad. What is going on with this player and the club need to come out and tell the supporters,
I want the best QPR players on the park and as the club signed Richards from an EPL club and awarded #
him a long term contract where is he?

We desperately need a goalkeeper, Begovic is an absolute liability and has cost us goals all season.

Cook, Fox, Colback, Larkeche and Cannon have been poor signings, Dunne, Clarke-Salter and Kakay have
all struggled this season.

Dunne in the first couple of seasons, had some great games in central defense. This season Dunne has really
struggled for form, he is lacking in confidence and should be left out.

Kakay is in one week and out the next, that would suggest to me Cifuentes is not a fan.

Clarke-Salter has been another awful signing, injury prone and another player stealing a living at QPR.

I won’t mention our strike force because plain and simply, we do not have a strke force at QPR. Embarrassing.

As Lee Hoos is doing everything at QPR these days, how on earth do we go forward with this individual making all
the decisions. He is as responsible for this shambles, as is his ex DOF who recruited the vast majority of these
sub standard players employed at QPR.

The end of January will really show all QPR supporters everywhere,
where we are as a club and what hope we have for the future.
Bill Elkins

Re: Time for the hierarchy at QPR to stand up and back Cifuentes

Post by Bill Elkins »

Tommy,

You forgot to mention that other elephant in the room, you know, the individual with all the
coaching badges, that charlatan Chris Ramsey.
ESSEXURs

Post by ESSEXURs »

No DOF with football brain/connections is not going to help in this window.
Who is going to make decisions on new players as Marti will not be up to speed with UK players.
The Board seems to have disappeared so no utterances from them. I assume Marti was at least given
some encouragement to join us with the promise of new blood in to build his own team.
There are not even the usual rumours we are looking at players.

We need early signings as we are sinking fast. It’s obvious this is down to the players we have as we have
tried the manager change option and at least three new signings are needed as a minimum.
I’m not holding my breath and this could be the season we don’t get out of the relegation zone at the
last moment. :roll:
Kerrins

Post by Kerrins »

We are doomed unless we can get an inflow of some at least reasonable Championship standard
attacking/Goal scoring talent.

Truth is Chris Martin is better than any of the proven failures we have up front :roll: ....
Bring him back? Many a true word spoken in jest :!:
Tommy Cunningham

Bill we have had Ramsey at QPR for nearly 9 years now, are there any players at QPR #
who he has coached and been a success.

We have a first team squad that can’t defend corners, that are woefully inept from attacking
set pieces, that can’t score goals.

For the coaches with all the badges at QPR, this should be your starting point.

Chris Ramsey and Paul Hall have overstayed their welcome at QPR, brought nothing to the club
whatsoever. They both should have departed with the ex DOF as they were part of his team, I can’t
believe for one minute that Marti Cifuentes is happy that these two are around contributing nothing.
ESSEXURs

Post by ESSEXURs »

You can guarantee we will get our usual crop of sick note midfielders in. :roll:
We cannot afford to not splash some money out on a League1/2 goal scorer.
What have we got to lose? FFP seems to be in a mess at the moment so we should go for it.
Tommy Cunningham

Essex I was thinking along the same lines, a Gerry Francis figure with a knowledge and experience of
signing players.

Instead we have Lee Hoos making decisions at QPR, some decisions that in all honesty he is not qualified
to make.

The loyalty of the supporters has been phenomenal, the team has been shocking and this group of players
will be relegated. We are becoming adrift at the bottom, the gap will get bigger and our situation will
become hopeless.
Conor Campbell

Post by Conor Campbell »

You are right Tommy that the gap is increasing and we need to act now to climb out of bottom 3.

The club must be looking at a few strikers who could pull us through.

Peterborough’s Clark Harris and Charlton’s May would be my targets.
steveqpr881

Post by steveqpr881 »

ESSEXURs wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:31 pm What have we got to lose? FFP seems to be in a mess at the moment so we should go for it.
What have we got to lose?
A big fine, maybe a points deduction - which would really finish our season off.
FFP may be 'in a mess' as far as sorting out the 100+ charges against Man. City,
but if we make a clear breach of the rules, we'll have no chance.
Tommy Cunningham

Do any of you lads on this forum have any confidence in the ability of anybody, currently
employed at Loftus Road to identify and sign players to try and save our season.
Look at the signings we have made since the ex DOF departed, Begovic, Fox, Cook, Cannon,
Larkeche and Colback were all recruited on free transfers.

Then we have the “Lord Lucan” character recruited from Brighton on a long term contract, hardly
worth a mention as I have forgotten what he even looks like.

Look at the performances, character and quality of these players, surely we could have recruited better
than this.