For everything that occurs around the pitch.
Tommy Cunningham

Marti Cifuentes being strongly linked with QPR manager’s job tonight

Post by Tommy Cunningham »

It is being reported tonight that Spaniard Marti Cifuentes is being strongly linked with the QPR manager’s job,
Sky Sports have even gone as far as to say that an announcement could be made tonight.
Marti Cifuentes is currently the manager of Hammarby IF in Sweden, they are playing against Sirius t
his evening and reports from Sweden have confirmed this will be Cifuentes last game.

He will be flying to London tomorrow to finalize everything.

Seems a massive gamble by the board if this is indeed true.
Bill Elkins

Re: Marti Cifuentes being strongly linked with QPR manager’s job tonight

Post by Bill Elkins »

Hi Tommy.

Now confirmed on the Official Website.

This, to my way of thinking, has the hallmark of a gambler (QPR) desperately trying to recoup his losses with one final throw of the dice.

Having said this, I wish Marti Cifuentes the very best of luck for the rest of the season. My goodness he is going to need it.
Tommy Cunningham

Re: Marti Cifuentes being strongly linked with QPR manager’s job tonight

Post by Tommy Cunningham »

Agree 100% with you Bill it is an appointment that is a massive gamble, I hope this Head Coach can come in and hit the ground running. He has a massive job on his hands with this squad of players, they never performed for either Critchley or Ainsworth and we all know how that ended.

I hope he is strong enough to challenge these players and try and get a shift out of them.

Good luck Marti Cifuentes.