For everything that occurs around the pitch.
Steve Russell
Site Admin

Gareth Ainsworth has Left the Club...

Post by Steve Russell »

GARETH Ainsworth has departed QPR with immediate effect after being relieved of his
position as head coach tonight (Saturday).
Ainsworth returned to W12 in February 2023, helping the club retain its Championship status
with memorable wins at Burnley and Stoke City.

However, following a difficult start to the current campaign, the board have made the decision
to part company with Ainsworth and his assistant Richard Dobson.

QPR CEO Lee Hoos said: "Making a call such as this is never easy, and it is even more difficult
when you have such respect on both a personal and professional level for the individuals concerned -
which we all do for Gareth and Richard.

"Many supporters have told me in recent months that they have never wanted someone to succeed
more than Gareth, which is an indication of the fondness everyone associated with QPR has for him.

"Unfortunately, results this season haven't gone the way we all wanted and we feel a change is necessary.

"Gareth has been a pleasure to work with from the moment he arrived and I am truly sorry this has not
worked out as we all had hoped.

"On behalf of the board, I wholeheartedly thank Gareth for his commitment, desire, passion and
professionalism. We all have the utmost respect for him, and he will always be welcome here.

"We understand the importance of appointing a new head coach quickly and an announcement on
this will follow in the coming days."
ESSEXURs

Re: Gareth Ainsworth has Left the Club...

Post by ESSEXURs »

It should have been done much earlier as it was obvious last season that GA got lucky with the two
wins and points deduction that kept us up.

His tactics with limited possession belong in the dark ages and his hoofball style has probably alienated
the players and probably the reason certain players have not shown the form they did earlier last season.

I hope whoever comes in sits in front of a tv and watches the matches from that period and the style of football

the players and us fans want.
Probably no coincidence the stadium naming and presumably cash input(avoiding FFP) was announced and then the
sacking of GA followed.
There is enough quality in this side when everyone is fit to stay up and then rebuild for next season.
It’s all about the tactics.
Tommy Cunningham

Post by Tommy Cunningham »

In all honesty lads are there any of us supporters out there, that have any confidence whatsoever
in the hierarchy at QPR appointing anybody in any role at QPR. They are clueless and totally useless
in regards to any football related matters at QPR, they need to rid the club of Chris Ramsey as well now.
Contributed nothing in his time at QPR.
Conor Campbell

Post by Conor Campbell »

I would really have liked to see us be successful and play attractive football under GA given his spirit and
commitment as a player. Very disappointed that it has not worked out for Gareth and that we are where we are.

I take it that the next manager is lined up to start his tenure now that GA has been relieved of his role.
ESSEXURs

Post by ESSEXURs »

Seems to be widely reported that Neil Warnock will return.
Hopefully true as he could bring some stability to the club.
Tommy Cunningham

Personally I am against bringing Warnock back to the club as a short term fix, he didn’t exactly succeed in his
previous roles at Middlesbrough or Huddersfield. I would would have preferred Warburton and Eustace back at QPR,
they both know the club and maintained our Championship status quite comfortably during their tenure.

Worrying times all around at QPR these days, the clueless hierarchy are bringing the club down.
Bill Elkins

Post by Bill Elkins »

Tommy,
How on earth has Chris Ramsey managed to cling on to his non-job for so long?

Ramsey has hidden in plain sight for 8 years, and is a large part of QPR's decline. Lee Hoos should be straight
on to Ramsey's mobile on Monday morning to say sorry Chris, but your time is up, and don't let the door hit you
on the way out.
Tommy Cunningham

Bill if you remember Ramsey was at Tottenham years ago with Ferdinand and Sherwood, Daniel Levy done
what he usually does every season and sacked the manager. He then installed Sherwood, Ferdinand and Ramsey
in an interim capacity until the end of the season, when the season finished Levy got rid of them and employed a
new management team. Unfortunately for QPR Ferdinand and Ramsey landed in W12, Ferdinand as DOF and Ramsey
in a coaching capacity.

When Harry Redknapp departed QPR the club unbelievably appointed Ramsey as manager on a 3 year contract, as
expected he was an absolutely disastrous appointment who was so out of his depth at that level, albeit in the EPL
and was sacked after a few months. But instead of departing the club like all sacked managers, the club retained
Ramsey and employed him again in a coaching role. He has been there ever since.

The one thing that sticks with me about Ramsey is when, Nedum Onuoha was talking on a podcast about Ramsey when
he was manager of QPR being late for training quite often. The players would be at the training ground before him in the
mornings, nothing was set up for the session ahead and the players at the time weren’t impressed. Needless to say we
were deservedly relegated that season, with standards so poor in the club it was easy to see why.
Bill Elkins

Post by Bill Elkins »

Tommy, a great assessment of Ramsey's tenure to date.

Let's hope it ends very soon.
Kerrins

Post by Kerrins »

If only Gareth had signed Jamie Vardy as the isolated striker up front we could have been halfway
up the league ;)

The days of Battle Dig in play for the no score draw and hoof the ball up field and hope something turns up are over.

The strategy worked all those years at Wycombe because mainly it was the bottom two divisions and he always had lone
strikers up front who when the long ball came to them they could go on and score. Also there were a number of Goals
from set pieces during that era.

Our Strikers cant hit a barn door at six paces and the defence is not exactly watertight...Ipso facto failure. Shame :cry: