For everything that occurs around the pitch.
Tommy Cunningham

Don’t plant all the blame on Ainsworth for the shambles at QPR

Post by Tommy Cunningham »

Gareth Ainsworth is quite clearly walking on eggshells these days as manager of QPR, he has been in
the role for less than a year and clearly nothing has improved since he walked through the door.

In fairness to Ainsworth he inherited a very toxic football club, a very badly run football club that has
been on a steady decline for many years.

We “allegedly” had a DOF and a CEO who clearly were out of their depth, a string of poor managerial
appointments, sub standard players signed and inept coaches appointed. An appalling youth policy that
has produced nothing in the way of development. In any other industry the consistently appalling performances
of the DOF and CEO, would have resulted in the termination of their employment years ago.

I understand the supporters frustration and disappointment with the poor results, we are all passionate about
QPR and want the best for the club. But football is a results based business and the likelihood is that Ainsworth’s
days as QPR manager are about to end.

What we are witnessing this season is the legacy of Les Ferdinand and Lee Hoos, the most incompetent people in
senior roles that I have known at QPR. These individuals have played a massive part in the demise of our football
club in the last 8 years, to portion all the blame on Gareth Ainsworth this season is wrong and unfair.

If the club decides to terminate Ainsworth’s contract, they should also terminate the employment of Lee Hoos.
Then comes the usual problems we endure on an annual basis, who replaces them and relying on Bhatia and
Gnanalingam to appoint anybody will not inspire any QPR supporters.

Ferdinand (now departed) and Hoos should have departed QPR years ago, we may have had a cause for optimism
for the future if that had been the case. Instead we have many months of doom and gloom ahead of us.
steveqpr881

Re: Don’t plant all the blame on Ainsworth for the shambles at QPR

Post by steveqpr881 »

It all started to go wrong, IMO, when Warnock was sacked.
The parade of 2nd rate managers, the high wage bill (for low achievers) & the consequences
of relegation did us in, long term.
Tommy Cunningham

I agree with you the departure of Warnock has proved to be very damaging, but the appointment of
Les Ferdinand as DOF was a disastrous appointment. Brought nothing to QPR in 8 years other than

Chris Ramsey, a guy with all the coaching badges in history but no players have emerged under his coaching.
Still employed at the club today.

Why ?
steveqpr881

Post by steveqpr881 »

I was having a drink with old school friends last night -in The Salutation, King St. W6.
The beer was very average, so we moved on to the nearby Wetherspoons pub. But that's all by the by.
One of my friends is a long-term Wycombe Wanderers fan, & Gaz's plight comes as no surprise to him;
reckons he just isn't up to managing at Championship level.
In fact, let's face it, Gaz did very little with WW in over 10 years - one promotion, and straight back down.
Pretty basic tactics, long ball/ route 1 etc.

Which makes me wonder why whoever appointed him thought he'd do well for us in the first place.
Perhaps the Board felt that giving in to so many fans who'd constantly been calling for him, every time
we sacked a manager,would keep them happy.
Kerrins

Post by Kerrins »

Steveqpr881. One promotion to the Championship with Wycombe plus one(two??) promotions with
Wycombe at bottom 2 league levels over 10 years I'm sure and at the same time keeping a rocky
financial ship afloat

Anyway notwithstanding the above your point is valid and well made.

At the time I admit I was one of the supporters who wanted him in as manager because I was fed up and
angry with our Players every week having a sulk and NOT TRYING.
steveqpr881

Post by steveqpr881 »

One of the reasons I was against appointing Gaz in the first place was that I knew it would ruin him;
ruin his reputation as a manager, and ruin his rep as an Rs legend.
The whole business has been a huge waste.
Tommy Cunningham

Steveqpr881 I agree with everything you have said in your posts, I am of the opinion that Les Ferdinand
and Ruben Gnanalingam only appointed Gareth Ainsworth because they had no other options available to them.

The treatment of Neil Critchley was an absolute disgrace, the vast majority of this current squad got Critchley sacked
and are now doing their best to see Ainsworth shown the door.

I remember Ruben Gnanalingam saying in an interview after appointing Ainsworth, that they had considered him
previously for the job but thought the time was right to appoint him now. Ferdinand and Gnanalingam in my opinion
appointed Ainsworth to appease the fans no other reason.

I think Ruben Gnanalingam was very economical with the truth.
steveqpr881

Post by steveqpr881 »

Tommy Cunningham wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:28 pm ......the vast majority of this current squad got Critchley sacked and are now doing their best to see Ainsworth shown the door.
Very true, Tommy - it's just a shame we can't get them shown the door! :evil: