For everything that occurs around the pitch.
Steve Russell
Site Admin

Lee Hoos on Gareth Ainsworth..

Post by Steve Russell »

Speaking to The Athletic, Hoos said:

“One of the reasons we hired Gareth was that he can adapt, innovate and try new things.
He did something different for Blackburn, which didn’t work out. But he’ll go back, address that,
and he’s done some different things in training the last couple of weeks. I would expect to see us
spring forward.”

QPR under Ainsworth
It seems like QPR need a miracle to beat the drop this season.

Ainsworth is obviously a fondly remembered player and a very nice person. But it seems like he’s trying to
learn the ins and outs of the modern game whilst on the job, and with poor backing from the hierarchy,
it’s a recipe for relegation.

The R’s still have some good players and many would argue that they have the fire power to stay in
the league.

The club though needs a manager with the innovative ideas and tactics; someone like a Beale, for example.

QPR return to action away at Huddersfield Town in the Championship this weekend.
steveqpr881

Re: Lee Hoos on Gareth Ainsworth..

Post by steveqpr881 »

Steve Russell wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:02 am Speaking to The Athletic, Hoos said:
“One of the reasons we hired Gareth was that he can adapt, innovate and try new things......"
Another reason, shurely, was that every time we've sacked a manager in the last 3,4 years
a lot of fans have said "Get Gaz in, he's a legend/ he loves the R's" etc etc.
Where are they now???
Sorry I keep saying this, but for once, the club "listened to the fans," gave us what we wanted (well, I didnt) -
which is proof of the old saying, be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

Kerrins

Post by Kerrins »

At the time I was certainly one of the supporters who was happy about the appointment of
Gareth Ainsworth.

It was previously well documented about his style of play but I thought he would get together a squad of
players (although limited) who would at least be TRYING ...to be fair to a certain degree he has managed that.

The problem is I do not think he is getting the best out of the team with his strategy. The tactics of Dig in battle
and contain then break worked in a lower league at Wycombe because he had strikers on the books who in an
isolated situation when the ball was launched up to them could get hold of it and go on to score.

We have little or no such ability up front. Also Wycombe used to score a number of goals from set play....
don't see much of that around here do you? Furthermore defenders were more tight and organised.

Although as expected we were never going to dominate possession( understatement that) I did think we would
show enough resilience to keep away from relegation trouble. Sadly at present this is not the case.

Sorry I do not agree with some of the phrases in the article....adapt innovate and try new things? No Gareth
is set in his ways....Have the Firepower??? Who are the jokers who have suggested that??
ESSEXURs

Post by ESSEXURs »

Must agree Young Kerrins.
I can’t see GA changing anything but his clothes.

The Blackburn game was same old with the same result. I failed to see any change in style so dream on Hoos.
This is a team playing a system they do not like.
The GA style is from the dark ages.

People were booing during the match when the same old hoofball was displayed having no regard for the way
the match was going. Where is pass and move a style that served us well under Beale and the players enjoyed
playing it and for once Willock was a willing participant.
Kerrins

Post by Kerrins »

Essex UR's.......his clothes yes. His hairstyle and style of football no ;)