For everything that occurs around the pitch.
Steve Russell
Site Admin

And Remembering Mrs Daphne Biggs on this Day...

Post by Steve Russell »

Mrs Daphne Biggs was born on 29th July 1925 and today marks the anniversary of her death in 2002.
She contributed so much to the Club and to generations of R’s fans in over 50 years dedicated service.

She really must of had blue and white blood flowing through her veins. The article reproduced below first
appeared in the ‘Bush Ranger’ Club Newspaper in the summer of 1988 and is a glowing testament to her love
and dedication to Queen’s Park Rangers Football Club:

‘Dedicated Daphne Biggs has been involved with QPR since the early 1950’s, and her enthusiasm for the club
has never waned. Daphne, who is secretary to the Supporters Club and helps out as commercial assistant, still
gets excited when watching the team play.

“I always get really worked up, especially if it’s a big game. Being involved in the everyday running of a club
makes you even more interested in how the players are performing,” says Harlesden-born Daphne.
“I think we are due for great run in the cup and, hopefully, we can win something this time.
The team is more than capable of doing that.”

Widower Daphne, whose husband, Albert, was a long-time Rangers fanatic and became vice-chairman of the
Supporters Club, has seen numerous changes at the Bush over the years. “I’ve watched plenty of players and
officials come and go during my time at Rangers,” she says. “The innovation of the plastic pitch was probably
the biggest difference. It’s going to be quite exciting though, to have grass back.”

“When I was just a supporter of QPR I used to watch the games standing on what we called the ‘Mud Bank’,
which was where the new South Africa Road Stand is today. That new stand was built just after we gained
promotion to Division One for the first time in 1968 and changed the place greatly.”

Daphne also helps out in the reception when required – just another of her many duties at the club.’

Daphne is a true QPR legend and her kindness, generosity and dedication will never be forgotten.
God Bless you Daff.