For everything that occurs around the pitch.
Steve Russell
Site Admin

Mixed Emotions for Seny....

Post by Steve Russell »

From the Club website...

SENY Dieng says he’ll take great pride in representing his native Senegal at the upcoming African Cup of Nations, following his final appearance for QPR before departing for the tournament.

The 27-year-old goalkeeper has become a vital part of a Rangers team chasing a place in the play-offs at least this season.

And after the R’s followed up a 2-1 victory at Bristol City with another at Birmingham on Sunday, Dieng told us: “It was another big win for us – we’re all delighted because it was the perfect way to start the New Year.

Dieng’s departure paves the way for understudies Jordan Archer and Joe Walsh to stake their claim for the number one spot.

“I think you can expect a lot from them,” he added. “The guys behind me are very good goalkeepers as well.

“I am sure they will do a good job. Hopefully I’ll return with us in an even better position.”

The length of Dieng’s absence hinges on Senegal’s progress in the tournament, with the AFCON final set to be contested on February 6th.

Regardless, he says he’ll be glued to our progress during his time in Cameroon.

“I’ll definitely be tuning in!” he continued.

“Of course, I would like to continue playing for QPR and help the team - but it is an incredible honour for me to go to such a prestigious tournament and represent my country.