INDEPENDENT Rs | The Boot Room : A totally unacceptable performance again.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:09 pm Reply with quote
A truly shocking performance that was totally spineless, gutless and inept, Forest will not have an easier victory all season. Not one player in my opinion stood up and had a go tonight, the body language of our players said it all for me. We are rock bottom now with confidence very low, Warburton has to take a few players out now. Lumley surely cannot start at the weekend, he needs to be left out now as he just isn't up to it. Eze, Manning and Chair looked out of their depth tonight, some tough weeks ahead and I reckon it could get a lot worse before it gets better. Mark Warburton and his players should apologise to the supporters tonight for that woeful performance, it is the least they can do given what an embarrassment they were.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:58 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:01 pmPosts: 1621Location: Now Colchester ESSEX but W12 in my veins!
Yes Slough a truly awful team selection and performance.

Why did we not start with Hugill and Wells up front and why did we not tell the players that Hugill hadn't started? I lost count of the number of high balls in to the area for the towering figures of Wells and Chair! :roll:
After the first goal I said to Young Kerrins we are playing like a team beaten four nil and going through the motions for the final ten minutes of the match. Little did I know what was to follow.

I have tried to support Lumley but he is a disaster and was very close to giving them two more goals with his sloppy play. He should never play again.

Similarly I like Chair but he needs to be aware of his own players and totally wasted a great opportunity to play Wells in for an equaliser in the first half.
He seems to dwell on the ball and slow us down.

Even the Sky commentators were criticizing Lumley and our slow play.

We know we are capable of far more and now Warburton needs to earn his money and pick a team and stick with it. Please not a back three of fixed statues. We need proper fullbacks to cut out these balls coming in from wide positions, a proper goalkeeper, mobile defenders and a midfield general to at least win things in midfield and get the ball forward with pace.
Its all too predictable at present and it will need fresh faces in January to turn this around I'm afraid.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:02 am Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:01 pmPosts: 1621Location: Now Colchester ESSEX but W12 in my veins!
I should have added one positive from tonight was Mlakar didn't come on! :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:48 am Reply with quote
Losing a game is always disappointing no matter who the opposition may be, but I have always believed there is a way to lose a game. As I said previously the body language of the players, after the first goal went in everyone of our players heads appear to drop. No fight, no character, no leaders trying to drive the team on. As I said in a previous post Lumley, Leistner and Hall are just awful, the one thing that you can be sure of is these players will continue to cost QPR goals. As you mentioned earlier Ilias Chair chose glory for himself, instead of squaring the ball for Wells to score. Chair should not have started last night, he along with Manning and Eze were awful. You could pick holes in the performance all day, but it was clear to everybody watching Warburton has a hell of a job on his hands turning that team around.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:56 am Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:26 amPosts: 2278Location: Walkden Manchester
We went down to 10 men but even if were were allowed 20 men on the pitch it still would not have stopped us conceding a shed load of goals.

We are absolutely clueless when it comes to even the basics of defending and its been that way since the very start of the season.

Last night against Forest the woe was compounded by poor all round play in other departments of our game.

Derby (next game) are not really a good Championship side but they are sure good enough to score 2 goals or upwards against us on their own ground.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:08 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:10 pmPosts: 10722Location: W12 now South Harrow
'Normally', when a cross into the box isn't challenged & with no one on the far post, fans would be up on their feet, but after last night's first goal there was this resignation to the inevitable!!!

A geezer who sits behind me started to count the number of times we were giving the ball away :shock:

Does Luke Amos want to be at the Club?

As for the goalkeeping situation, Joe Lumley surely can't start at Derby. I don't know whether Liam Kelly is set to come back & I haven't seen very much of Dillon Barnes to judge him. Not suggesting that Marcin Brzozowski should necessarily be in Saturday's squad but he had a very good game on Monday.

Another point about trying to play it from the back is that some players aren't looking/wanting to receive the ball :roll:

We journeyed back on the Central Line in near silence.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:07 pm Reply with quote
In the cold light of the following morning the memories of the match didn't get any better.
These spineless guys will still get paid ridiculous sums of money for failing in their job description, and it is us fans who suffer the humiliation, and the players go home to count their money.

I have lost count of the far post tap ins and headers which just needed someone standing there to defend. Why are these crosses allowed in to our box with monotonous regularity. Who is responsible for defensive coaching?

I'm sure the likes of Clint Hill and Shaun Derry would not have tolerated such performances in defence and midfield. Where is the leadership in our team. Unfortunately whoever is named captain is usually one of the biggest contributors to our problems! :roll:

We are owed big time at Derby but I am not holding my breath as we look capable of throwing the towel in after conceding. A subject we have made into an art form! :roll: