INDEPENDENT Rs | The Boot Room : One-Year Contract Extension for Lewis Walker...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:55 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:10 pmPosts: 10781Location: W12 now South Harrow
News from the Offy site...

STRIKER Lewis Walker has committed his future to QPR by signing a one-year contract extension.

The forward – son of former Nottingham Forest defender Des Walker – joined Rangers in November 2018 after leaving Derby County.

He made good strides in the R’s U23s squad last season and, in April, he was handed his senior debut by then caretaker boss John Eustace, who brought him off the bench during the 4-0 victory over Swansea City.

Walker started QPR’s final home match of the season against Forest and now he is hoping to make more progress.

“I’m really excited,” the 21-year-old said. “I’m going into my first pre-season here and it is going to be hard but I’m excited to get it underway and then for the season to start.

“I came as an U23s player and by the end of the season I had got myself into the first-team bracket, so that was a big positive for me and hopefully I can carry on where I left off.”

Walker’s older brother Tyler played under QPR manager Mark Warburton at Nottingham Forest and he revealed that the pair have spoken about Rangers’ new boss.

He said: “He gave Tyler a good opportunity at Forest and he said as long as you work hard then he’ll warm to you.

“Everyone knows that he likes a youngster playing for him, so I’ve got to try and force myself in. There are quite a few of us youngsters that have got a lot of potential. Hopefully he can bring the best out of us.”

Offline Profile