INDEPENDENT Rs | The Boot Room : Preston Yesterday.....

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:48 am Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:10 pmPosts: 10817Location: W12 now South Harrow
Sheffield United was poor & this was even worse!!!! Amazed Ryan Manning wasn't involved yesterday??? Scowen, Cousins :roll:

Maybe just as well but didn't see their 3rd goal as someone had run on the pitch at the time from the Lower Loft!

Only positive was at half-time when the families of Dave Sexton, Bobby Keetch & George Powell came on. Andy Sinton spoke very well about what it means to posthumously induct former managers & players.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:01 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:01 pmPosts: 1665Location: Now Colchester ESSEX but W12 in my veins!
Yes a bad day at the office! :shock:
In respect of their first goal why pass to Scowen when they had three or four players around our area, and, why did Scowen attempt to turn the player closing him down when all he needed to do is give it back to Lumley? :(

I just don’t get this playing out from the back and teams are closing down defenders now so panic passes are being made. Is it supposed to create more space up front? Can someone enlighten me as more and more teams with far more skilful defenders than us are getting into trouble doing it.

The remainder of the goals looked awful with players not being picked up with at least one of the scorers not being tracked back by Eze who really must start including such work in his repertoire if he wants to progress.

The Preston players looked like stallions darting amongst carthorses and from reports it really takes something to make Preston look like worldbeaters.

We are in a far better position than I expected but we are beginning to unravel all the good work but hopefully the return of the missing four players will reverse the situation. However it shows how shallow our squad is and fringe players are not benefiting from regular reserve football to be able to slot in.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:44 amPosts: 166Location: Belfast
Our Eoins first defeat out of 16 matches attended!
What a scud!
Dire game, it baffles me how a team cant react in the 2nd half.

We left Belfast at 3.00am, suffered a 1 hour delay in an underground tunnel, abandoned a 2 nd tube stuck at a station and ende
D up getting a taxi to Shepherds Bush. Poor all round!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Still good. Craic and a good day out tho.
Bar the result.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:04 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:10 pmPosts: 10817Location: W12 now South Harrow
Let me know when you're over next mate.
Say hello to Eoin for me....

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for you thoughts on the game, guys. Much appreciated.
Very disappointing day at the office.
And murf, good for you. That is sheer dedication to the cause, against all the obstacles. Pity the team didn't have your tenacity yesterday :(

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:42 pm Reply with quote
terrible gamesmanship by Preston as predicted by many. Awful performance and like many others, a long way home :(

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:24 pm Reply with quote
SteveRussell wrote:
Let me know when you're over next mate.
Say hello to Eoin for me....

Will do Steve and cheers.