INDEPENDENT Rs | The Independent Times : The new, IMPROVED joke thread!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:46 am Reply with quote
Dubliner is driving on the M50 Motorway.

His wife calls him on his mobile phone and in a worried voice says,
''Alan, be careful! I just heard on the radio that there is a madman driving the wrong way on the M50!''

Alan says, ''I know, but there isn't just one, there are hundreds!''

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:49 am Reply with quote
Two cannibals, a father and son, are walking down the street, when they notice a hot girl passing by.
The son says to the father, "Daddy, I'm hungry, let’s eat that girl that just passed by."
The father replies, "I've got a better idea son, let’s take this one home and eat your mother instead!"

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:20 am Reply with quote
After eating all his christmas decorations last year,its good news , Steve has eventually got over his Tinsilitis :P

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:52 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:23 pmPosts: 3529Location: Running down the Uxbridge Road...
Righto boys & girls, it's time once more to open today's door on.....
The Advent Calendar of Doom.
How many Countdown contestants does it take to change a GLBHUBITL??

What is everybody's favourite Christmas song? Let us know, let us know, let us know.....or do you prefer a silent night??

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:24 am Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:35 pmPosts: 543Location: It's in the Name
I went to the doctors today and he said I was paranoid.

...Well he didn't actually say it, but I knew what he was thinking......

I bumbed into Steveqpr881 while I was at the doctors, he was complaining of hearing problems and the doctor asked him if he could describe the symptoms.

"Yes", said Steve "Homer is fat and Marge has blue hair".

PS impressed at your M50 ref Steve that’s exactly where it happened!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:22 am Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:23 pmPosts: 3529Location: Running down the Uxbridge Road...
You bumbed into me, Dubliner?? :oops:
And the M50 reference was JOHN22 not me. :roll:
Apart from that, you were spot on!
:P

Anyway, there's an Interesting Xmas Fact behind today's door:
Families in Slovakia celebrate with the man of the house filling his spoon with pudding, then flinging it at the ceiling to see if it sticks.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:23 pm Reply with quote
I'm fighting back the tears to bring you today's ribbed tickler.
My wife has just left me because she says I'm obsessed with rugby.
I begged her to give me one more try......

Anyway, let's open today's door on......(sound effect - creaky door opening)
THE ADVENT CALENDAR OF DOOM.
I was very upset when my mum & dad told me Father Christmas wasn't real.
I was so upset, I jumped in my car, drove to the pub and had a skinful.

And today's Interesting Xmas Fact: (well, it's not that interesting, actually)
Men in traditional costume form lines and fire guns in the air to mark Xmas, in parts of southern Bavaria.

And finally - what do you get when cross a joke with a rhetorical question??

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Once again, it's time to open today's door (sound effects- creaky door opening) on...(to be read out in a Vincent Price-type voice).....
THE ADVENT CALENDAR OF DOOOOMMMMMMM.

Gillette have brought out a special new razor, for dyslexics.
It's the hottest thing since sliced beard.

And today's Interesting Xmas Fact is so bad, I hesitate to say it, but here goes anyway: The Japanese celebrate Xmas by eating huge amounts of KFC chicken, with families reserving their buckets months in advance.
Well I never - ah so.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:43 pm Reply with quote
A Pole went for an eye-check.
The optician said, "Can you read the top line?"
The jam roll said, "Read it? - I know him!"

That's not a Christmas joke, just a little bonus. HERE is what's behind today's door on...The Advent Calendar of Doom.
Bonnie Tyler's husband offered her some sweets at Xmas.
"Cadbury's Roses, darling?" "No thanks."
"Celebrations, then?" "No thanks."
"Milk Tray, Bonnie? The ladies love Milk Tray." "No thanks," said Bonnie - (here comes the punchline, in case you haven't already worked it out) I'm holding out for a Hero."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:06 pm Reply with quote
A 7 year-old and a 4 year-old are in their bedroom. "You know what?" says the 7 year-old, "I think it's time we started swearing. When we go downstairs for breakfast, I'll swear first, then you." "Okay," replies the 4 year-old. In the kitchen, when the mother asks the 7 year-old what he wants for breakfast, he answers, "I'll have Coco Pops, bitch." *WHACK* He goes flying out of his chair, crying his eyes out.
The mother looks at the 4 year-old & sternly asks, "And what do you want?" "Dunno," he replies, "But it won't be fucking Coco Pops."

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:11 pm Reply with quote
A father passing by his son's bedroom, was astonished to see the bed was nicely made, and everything was picked up. Then, he saw an envelope, propped up prominently on the pillow. It was addressed, "Dad." With the worst premonition, he opened the envelope and read the letter, with trembling hands...

"Dear, Dad. It is with great regret and sorrow that I'm writing you. I had to elope with my new girlfriend, because I wanted to avoid a scene with Mum and you.
I've been finding real passion with Stacy, and she is so nice, but I knew you would not approve of her because of her piercings, tattoos, tight motorcycle clothes, and because she is so much older than I am.
But it's not only the passion, Dad. She's pregnant. Stacy said that we will be very happy. She owns a trailer in the woods, and has a stack of firewood for the whole winter. We share a dream of having many more children.
Stacy has opened my eyes to the fact that marijuana doesn't really hurt anyone. We'll be growing it for ourselves, and trading it with the other people in the commune, for all the cocaine and ecstasy we want.
In the meantime, we'll pray that science will find a cure for AIDS, so Stacy can get better. She sure deserves it!
Don't worry, Dad. I'm 15, and I know how to take care of myself. Someday, I'm sure we'll be back to visit, so you can get to know your many grandchildren.
Love, your son, Joshua.
P.S. Dad, none of the above is true. I'm over at Jason's house. I just wanted to remind you that there are worse things in life than the school report that's on the kitchen table. Call when it is safe for me to come home!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:23 am Reply with quote
A classic, JOHN; almost makes me ashamed of the jokes I'm about to put up! Almost, but not quite......well boys & girls, it was the office Xmas party last night and there were Christmas crackers a-plenty, so here come the jokes behind today's door in the Advent Calendar of Doom:
What do snowmen wear on their heads? Ice caps!
What happened when the snowman fell out with the snowgirl? He got the cold shoulder.
What do Santa's little helpers learn at school? The elf-abet.

Never mind, it'll soon be over........

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:15 pm Reply with quote
I'll be logging off for Xmas soon, so unless anyone wants to put a joke up tomorrow, it's time to open the very last door on.....The Advent Calendar of Doom.
Ah, this time of year brings back memories for me.....every Xmas I'd rush down the stairs to the big pile of parcels and unwrap them as fast as I could. Sometimes, there'd be fights over who had the best toys, but we'd all make up and sit down to a 3-hour dinner before watching TV the rest of the day. How I miss my job at the Royal Mail sorting office......
And I'm feeling generous, so here's a Christmas bonus:
The OCD Sufferers' Xmas party takes place tonight; things are NOT going to get messy!

A Merry Xmas to you all, thanks for the jokes & keep 'em coming in 2019.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:44 amPosts: 165Location: Belfast
I opened and unsigned Christmas card yesterday and a wee pile of rice fell out, so I reckon it was from my Uncle Ben?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:27 am Reply with quote
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:38 amPosts: 312Location: Cambridgeshire and Kamala
Surprised there were no chimney jokes this festive season. My mate has a stack of them. He gave me this one on the house.

Why doesn’t Santa Claus have any children?
Because he only comes once a year and it’s down the chimney.

Offline Profile