INDEPENDENT Rs | The Independent Times : I didn't know that!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:14 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:23 pmPosts: 3592Location: Running down the Uxbridge Road...
JD's been at it again; a mouth-watering report on Facebook of his latest meal, a rib-eye steak (drool).
Anyway, today's Fact of the Day on Well I Never -
and Lonegunmen will no doubt back me up on this -
in New Zealand, it is illegal to name your child Fat Boy, 4Real, Fish and Chips, Cinderella Beauty Blossom or Sex Fruit!
Well I Never!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:17 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:23 pmPosts: 3592Location: Running down the Uxbridge Road...
Today's Interesting Fact of the Day, on JD's Interesting Fact of the Day thread; it's interesting, and it's topical:
Donald Trump once did the draw for the Rumbelow's Cup, live on Saint & Greavsie! Well-I-never.
btw, I've always found it odd that there's a St. John Ambulance, but not a Greavsie Ambulance.
Blue_Light_Colorz_PDT_09

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Today's Interesting Fact of the Day, on JD's Interesting Fact of the Day thread:
King George II passed a law forbidding his subjects to eat more than 2 meals a day.
JD would not have liked that!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:09 am Reply with quote
Today's Interesting fact of the Day, on JD's Well I Never thread:
When making their waxwork model of Donald Trump, Madame Tussaud's used 25,000 yak hairs, to get his barnet right! Well I Never!

Over to you, JD......................

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:28 pm Reply with quote
It's time for today's Well I Never of the Day:
The earliest known football song is "He banged the leather for goal," written by none other than Edward Elgar.For Wolverhampton Wanderers. Well I never.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Don't you all agree, it's high time JD gave us another Interesting Fact on his daily Interesting Fact of The Day thread?? Come on Rick, stop writing your usual café review & give us a well I never.......

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:31 pm Reply with quote
qprjd wrote:
Gorgeous Gavin Peacock is a Pastor in Calgary, Canada.

Having just read Steve R's post about Rev. Charles Gordon Young, it seems that Gavin Peacock is not the 1st clergical Ranger; in fact, Charles Young was curate of St. Jude's church while he played for us!
Well I Never - Amen!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Here's an interesting fact: JD & I have been Facebook friends for 6 years!
It's our 6th friendversary.
:roll:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:05 pm Reply with quote
We break new ground today on JD's Daily Well I Never thread, as today's Interesting Fact of the Day is also a tongue-twister:
Ken Dodd's dad's dog's dead.
Try saying that with a mouth full of haggis, JD!
Well I Never!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:49 pm Reply with quote
A medium courgette - if you can find one - gives you as much potassium as a banana. Also, a courgette is a small marrow; courge is French for marrow, courgette just means 'small marrow.' Two for one - zut alors! Well I Never!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:58 pm Reply with quote
At any one time, there are at least 20 volcanoes erupting.
Well I never!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:57 pm Reply with quote
The world's oldest police force still in existence is the York Minster constabulary, est. 1285!
I can imagine an arrest from those days:
"Verily, thou art nicked."
" 'Tis a fair cop, guv. Put ye cuffs on"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Time to brush the cobwebs off JD's Interesting Fact of the Day thread.
Drivers convicted of playing their car stereos too loudly were made to listen to music by Barry Manilow & Dolly Parton for an hour in Colorado in 2008.
Well I never!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Here's Today's Interesting Fact, on JD's daily Interesting Fact of the Day thread:
Liza Minelli is the only Oscar winner whose parents also won Oscars; Judy Garland & Vincente Minelli.
Well I never!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:05 pm Reply with quote
And another Oscars Interesting Fact:
the only father & son to have won Oscars are John Huston, for directing and his father Walter Huston, for Best Supporting Actor.
Well I never!