INDEPENDENT Rs | The Independent Times : The new, IMPROVED joke thread!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:59 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:23 pmPosts: 3495Location: Running down the Uxbridge Road...
I promised you - no more Tony Blackburn rejects, just cutting-edge humour & here's some top political satire to prove it:
The Trump supporter photographed walking away from the Capitol Building with a lecturn over his shoulder said " I was just taking a stand." 8)
Donald Trump will miss Joe Biden's inauguration, he'll be playing golf instead. Still, he wouldn't be the first power-mad megalomaniac to end his days in a bunker.
:P

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:50 pm Reply with quote
An Israeli doctor says: "Medicine in my country is so advanced that we can take a kidney out of one man, put it in another, and have him looking for work in 6 weeks."
A British doctor says: "That is nothing; we can take a lung out of one person, put it in another, and have him looking for work in 4 weeks."
A Canadian doctor says: "In my country, medicine is so advanced that we can take half a heart out of one person, put it in another, and have them both looking for work in 2 weeks."
An American doctor, not to be outdone, says: "You guys are way behind,...... We just took a man with no brain, made him President, and now the whole country is looking for work.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:01 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:23 pmPosts: 3495Location: Running down the Uxbridge Road...
On another thread, JOHN22 says that Charlie Austin's goal put a smile on his face.....let's see what we can do about that.
I remember seeing Dr. Hook in the 70's -
I'll never forget that proctological examination.
:oops:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:42 pm Reply with quote
I had to look up proctologist, I think that's a bit below the belt!!

And when we were talking about Charlie Austin and Glen Campbell, I was left wondering at first, why you mentioned True Grit.

What's John Wayne got to do it??

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:50 am Reply with quote
Glen Campbell was in True Grit; he played the Texas Ranger.
Also sang the theme song - called (have a guess)...True Grit. :roll:
See, this thread isn't just about jokes, it's educational as well; it's edutainment.
Anyway, back to the jokes:
Isn't Amazon handy during lockdown?
I've just ordered a chicken and an egg; I'll let you know which came first.