Author Message

INDEPENDENT Rs | The Harlington Herald : Saturday's U18's Winner came in the 95th Minute...

Post new topic  Reply to topic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:29 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:10 pmPosts: 10754Location: W12 now South Harrow
Thanks to Chris for his match report which went up on the Indy's Facebook page....

U18 Professional Development League 2.
QPR vs Millwall.

2-1 win for Rangers with the winner coming in the 95th minute of the 97 played. As hard as it may have been on the Millwall boys we should've put the game to bed in the first half. Harvey White made his first start of the season in goal and there was a new name at No.11 Armelindo Mema.

It was Mema who gave us the lead on 6 minutes. He took aim with a speculative shot from about 20 yards. Millwalls keeper got well behind it but palmed it up in the air and as the ball looped goalwards the keeper couldn't stop the ball going over the line.

The rest of the half saw us in the ascendency but we couldn't get the second goal despite coming close on about 3 occasions without the keeper making a save. Millwall only looked a threat in our box with set plays as they had some very tall boys in the team.

Millwall could/should have equalised on 43 when the No.9 was found unmarked at the far post from a diagonal ball but he shinned the ball wide from about 6 yards.
HT 1-0

Millwall started the brighter second half and were in our box immediately. On 46 minutes Harvey White pulled off an outstanding point blank save when he palmed a header over the bar. Every spectator , including Millwall fans, applauded him generously. And rightly so.

However, from the corner, Millwall equalised. The corner went to the far post and Kayden Williams -Lowe looked to be shielding the ball out of play when a Millwall boy came flying in to head the ball before it went over the byline. I don't think there was even contact.

Strangely the referee awarded a penalty. Harvey White was sent the wrong way. For the next 15 minutes Millwall had most possession but the back four stood firm. Neither keeper was busy.

Then for the last 30 minutes we took control of the game again. On 75 minutes Paul Furlong made 3 substitutions with Aaron Drewe, Dillon da Silva and James Fahmy coming on.

Both teams were tiring but I had hopes Dillon's da Silvas fresh legs could weave some magic on the wing. For the remainder he terrorised Millwalls left back. And on one occasion he got the better of a centre back in a 1 on 1 and was cynically fouled. Because the right back was 15 yards away but level with play it was only a yellow.

A similar incident occurred when Marcus Brooks was stopped 1 on 1 but again only a yellow card for the foul. 8 minutes from the end Millwalls No18 was injured in an aerial collision with his own keeper and our Nathaniel Orafu.

He received about 5 minutes treatment, came back on but only lasted a couple of minutes before being subbed. He'd been on the pitch 10 minutes.

From this time added on we scored the winner. Dillon da Silva, out wide right, cut inside the left back and from about 20 yards hit a left foot screamer that sailed just inside the far post to huge celebrations on the touchline from the watching parents.

Not bad for his 'weaker foot'. A thoroughly deserved win in what was a really good game of football played by two decent teams.

1. Harvey White 2. Kayden Williams-Lowe 3. Kai Woollard-Innocent 4. Nathaniel Orafu 5. Nathan Carlyle 6. Joe Gubbins 7. Marcus Brooks 8. Shiloh Remy 9. Jaheim Rose 10. Jake Frailing 11. Armelindo Mema

Former QPR under 16 boy Sean O'Brien played for Millwall (he's still only 16)

Offline Profile

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC [ DST ]
Page 1 of 1
1 post
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Search for:
Post new topic  Reply to topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum