INDEPENDENT Rs | The Harlington Herald : News that QPR Academy Coaches were in Stockholm ....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:41 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:10 pmPosts: 10753Location: W12 now South Harrow
Thanks to Peter Lungstrom for emailing me this.....

Steve,
I've tranlated the article for you below. The article is written by Jacob Ruderstam and was published the 21st of February 2020 on Fotboll STHLM. Fotboll STHLM is a newssite about football in Stockholm.

Regards,
Peter

QPR visiting DIF: "Impressed by the passing game"

Classic Queen's Park Rangers have been on a small Swedish tour.
This week, coaches from QPR visited the Tele2 arena to see how Djurgården works on the youth side.
- It's just to share, says Djurgården's Academy Manager Christian Gentile to Football Sthlm.

On Wednesday, youth coaches from the Championship team Queen's Park Rangers were on site at the Tele2 arena to follow Djurgården's training. Four coaches from the London club got a full day with the club to exchange thoughts and ideas about youth football. The day ended with the coaches being allowed to arrange a pass for Djurgården's academy players.
- It's great fun, it's just to find as much as possible to share, but also to bring in as much as possible. It is useful both for me as an academy manager and for the coaches who can see how they organize training and what exercises they choose, says Djurgården's Academic Manager Christian Gentile

In addition to holding training sessions, youth coaches from both QPR and Djurgården had a meeting where they thought about youth activities.
- They come here to check out but also to share ideas. You get to know how they work with their business. We have a lot to do in Swedish youth football.

The coaches from QPR participated in all the club's trainings, from the youngest academy team to the men's team who trained at the Tele2 arena. Lee Hayes is one of the coaches who was on site from the English club. In London he works with QPR's academy players, who are between the ages of 12 and 16.
- What I have been most impressed with is the passing game. The way you move ball and work on small surfaces, you like to have a ball holding, says Hayes.

Hayes says that he has never seen any matches in the Allsvenskan, but that after a few days he has already received a positive image of the Swedish outlets.
- Another thing I'm impressed with is the arenas and facilities, it's fantastic.

Christian Gentile says that Djurgården came into contact with QPR with the help of Vinay Sajuami, who has previously been active in youth football in Sweden. Djurgården has so far not been to QPR, but according to Gentile there may be changes to it.
- After this, it will surely be something, he says.

During the evening, the leaders ended the day watching the Champions League with Christian Gentile and the other youth coaches. QPR went back to London on Thursday evening. In addition to Djurgården, the team also visited Vasalund and Brommapojkarna

Offline Profile