INDEPENDENT Rs | The Boot Room : Granny Boyle....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:02 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:10 pmPosts: 10864Location: W12 now South Harrow
Thanks to Colin for sending me this.
From 1964....Granny Boyle is really on the ball. In 45 years the soccer mad 66-year-old has missed only one game at Queen's Park Rangers.

The missing match: "I couldn't help it," said Mrs Frances Boyle of Yewtree Road, Shepherd's Bush. "That was the week one of my sons was born."

Her other son was more considerate. "He was born out of season, in June," she said.

The Rangers bug caught Mrs Boyle on April 1 1919 the day she met her husband Edward. "He took me to see the Rangers," said Mrs Boyle. "We have gone together ever since.

She stands behind the goal at the School End, all weathers, win or lose. "I watched Rangers at Kensal Rise & Park Royal," she said. "One of my sons played for the Juniors & the other one is a referee."

Her heroes: centre-forward George Goddard, before the War & goalkeeper Reg Allen after. "But this year I think Brian Bedford has been the best player," she said.

Now Mrs Boyle has only one wish. "To get the summer over with," she said. I want to get back on the terraces cheering Rangers again."

Paul Nelson replied on our Facebook group: 'Lived opposite me, Les Boyle worked at the Rangers (kit man I think) or a coach, way back when."

Remember him as our Kit man....

Offline Profile