INDEPENDENT Rs | The Boot Room : Preston: Yesterday.....

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:59 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:10 pmPosts: 10767Location: W12 now South Harrow
I met up with my mate Bill from Edinburgh pre-match in the Crown & Sceptre. Must mention what happened when his Black Thai chicken arrived. It sizzled a bit too much & set off the alarms :lol:

Just before kick-off the players lined up & we commemorated the lives of Ivor Powell & Matt Brazier with a minutes applause.Well done to the Club for inducting them into the Forever R's Club & also to the Preston fans.

I'm a big fan of BOS, he had a very good game at Derby last week & was even better yesterday.

A superb pass from Geoff Cameron set up Eze. His initial shot was stopped, but he was well placed to finish from the rebound.

The visitors didn't threaten very much in the 1st half, but must mention Grant Hall's outstanding challenge in the box after 30 odd mins.

Matt Brazier's wife & sons were welcomed onto the pitch at half-time. Ivor's family were unwell & couldn't attend unfortunately.

Rangers doubled their lead after 67 mins when Marc Pugh went down. The Preston players protested & I was really disappointed with the Lino on the Ellerslie Rd side....as each step a Preston player made towards he in turn took one back :oops: He probably didn't hear me but I had to react by shouting out: "Stand Your Ground Lino"

As Eze lined himself up for the spot kick, I said to the geezer behind that he should change it from last week & belt it. He didn't of course, & coolly stroked the ball into the back of the net :D

I did shout out a few times in the latter stages: "We Want Nil" & then Joe Lumley made arguably the save of the season, diving full-length to his left. Well done Joe, finally we achieved that elusive 1st clean sheet of the season.

Disappointed with the attendance of 12,179 which included 1,305 Preston fans, but well done to Bill & all the other long distance R's fans.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:52 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:26 amPosts: 2315Location: Walkden Manchester
Chris Kamara the Sky TV reporter and celebrity was at the ground to comment on the game........He stated that QPR kept a clean sheet.

Unbelievable Jeff :!: :wink: :) :)