INDEPENDENT Rs | The Boot Room : Lumley, Leistner & Hall are just not good enough

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:26 am Reply with quote
Joe Lumley is without doubt the worst QPR goalkeeper I can remember, this guy continues to cost us points whenever he plays. There have been so many goals conceded through his poor goalkeeping errors, that enough is enough and I think Mark Warburton has to make it his top priority to bring in another goalkeeper in January. Tony Leistner is another liability and the most indisciplined centre half, that I have ever seen playing professional football. Very slow and erratic defender, who along with Hall struggle to do the basics ie. marking players in our own penalty box and tracking players. I really struggle to understand why Hall is still with the club, if he's not injured he is turning in sub standard performances in a QPR shirt. I wouldn't be too disappointed if I never saw either of these players in a QPR shirt ever again.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:30 am Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:26 amPosts: 2253Location: Walkden Manchester
Slough Billy your points raised have touched upon a subject which has been obvious to me since August and for the last 3 months I have been boring everybody on here by forever banging on about it.

This season QPR FC for whatever reasons and you have correctly named a few simply do not know the meaning of the word Defend :!:

We could have beaten Fulham last night but defeat is always on the cards when in every single game played so far without exception we always make massive defensive blunders and cock ups :(

Against Fulham in that 2-1 loss not for the first time and it certainly wont be the last good quality attacking football was ruined by bad defensive play. Whats the point when you cant even perform the basics at the back? Take a look at the league table stats for any doubters on here. Clean sheet ? you are having a laugh.

Finally here is a sweeping statement prediction. After Leeds and West Brom have been automatically promoted the play offs will be contested by a bunch of mediocrities.....but will not include us.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:38 am Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:01 pmPosts: 1587Location: Now Colchester ESSEX but W12 in my veins!
I agree Young Kerrins and Slough we are simply awful at the back with a defence playing like strangers who seem to be as far away from the opposition as possible both in the box and wide. Are we zonal marking? If so it explains why forwards just walk through our defence or stand in non-zone marked areas. We look like the figures they use in training for free kicks etc. :roll:

And....don't get me started on Lumley who has cost us in so many games with his very poor distribution and hesitancy It's no wonder our defence is so porous with the defenders having no confidence in him.
I have been questioning his selection for some time and his 'rest' does not seem to have improved him.

For those at the match did he clatter a breakaway Fulham player outside the box in front of the Cottage which was not penalised as the whistle had already blown? The TV camera position was awful due to redevelopment work so it was difficult to see but the commentator did make mention of it.

Also lost count of throw ins to us in attacking positions which were thrown some distance down the line to our defence instead of into the Fulham area. Why?

Why is BOS not being used as he could have run at their not very convincing defence?

You could write a whole book about Malakar....if he did anything! :roll:

Whenever I have seen him he might as well be the Rs tea lady (if they still exist). He looks and plays like someone who has accidentally walked on the pitch and totally devoid of any footballing skill wanders aimlessly around.
I understand he did have a longer run in the Portsmouth game For those who watched him can you please enlighten me about this enigma.

At least three experienced players needed in January.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:19 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:26 amPosts: 2253Location: Walkden Manchester
I go along with all you have said there Essex. Correct me if I am wrong but in all explanations and excuses from our manager when we have been beaten or played poorly not once have I heard him put the blame on entirely bad defending. Odd? :?

To paraphrase Marlon Brando. We could have had a defender (s) :wink:

By the way I have just looked up a dictionary definition of the word defender....someone who protects a place against attack. Someone in a sports team who tries to prevent the other team from scoring points or goals....Pin THAT up on the dressing room wall :!:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:12 pm Reply with quote
I can't disagree with any of your comments lads, I am still bitterly disappointed that we failed to take anything from the game. I think in fairness to Mark Warburton, I don't think Lumley or Leistner would be selected if Kelly or Barbet were fit. Having said that I don't think Kelly and Barbet, are much of an upgrade on Lumley and Leistner. Don't think l have seen Warburton as animated as he was after the game, I think he has a lot of thinking to do this week. Lumley and Leistner surely can't start on Wednesday, Amos absolutely anonymous last night, Ryan Manning's feeble attempt at stopping the cross for Fulham's equaliser. We could go on but what's the point, Warburton's statement after the game that we were bottom six budget wise smacked of desperation.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:36 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:01 pmPosts: 1587Location: Now Colchester ESSEX but W12 in my veins!
Unfortunately like Furlong before him I see Manning as a wide midfield player who lacks the discipline to be the last line of defence.
Despite the defensive frailties we are playing some of the best attacking football for some seasons. However you can't go through games needing to score more than you know you will let in and hopefully plans are in place to correct these areas.

Given that we were top six with these problems we are more than capable of a top six finish if we sort this defence out. The lack of good young players coming through in the problem areas is hurting us as it does in the goal scoring department. Our midfielder obsession in the past is costing us.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Sounds familiar doesn't it ?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Deja vu.....All over again. As that famous American Baseball player once said

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:03 pm Reply with quote
At least Mlakar didn't appear!! :D

Injured or have they seen the light?! :roll: