INDEPENDENT Rs | The Boot Room : QPR 1 Brentford 3 28/10/19

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:15 am Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:26 amPosts: 2253Location: Walkden Manchester
Brentford are a goal scoring team with decent forwards so that 3-1 scoreline and defeat was no surprise especially so against our joke defence.

Last night all round we did not play well and were second best but the bottom line is no matter how good our football and attacking flair every game there is always cock ups blunders and shambolic play at the back. It has been that way since the very start of the season.

Last Christmas Aston Villa were in the bottom half of the league with a similar problem to ourselves. They then signed 2 fresh defenders (including Mings) plus a new keeper and subsequently won 11 games on the bounce to reach the play offs and get promoted.

Unless we do likewise this season can be written off.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:01 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:10 pmPosts: 10768Location: W12 now South Harrow
The Crown & Sceptre was absolutely rammed to the rafters last night. Thanks to everyone that picked up a badge.

Very good interview with Ebere Eze in the match programme.

We didn't really get going in the 1st half & although we were very aware of the threat that the visitors posed, the opening goal was absolutely shocking :shock:

Clint Hill walked out at half-time, as you would expect, to a great welcome.

However, we did get going after the break & there were wild scenes when we equalised.

Bright was having an ex 2nd half which saw the Brentford defenders constantly fouling him :twisted:

Liam Kelly made 3 superb saves but there was that decision that changed the game. It was down the other end & I haven't watched it back, but mobiles were going off from those watching on Sky & the word was that it never a penalty.

Liam Kelly stayed composed, unlike the previous occasion when he was dancing about on the line & seemingly disadvantaging himself, but I don't think anybody would have saved the spot kick.

Apart from a couple of noisy gits in another carriage it was a very solemn journey back to South Ruislip & I'm not feeling any better this morning.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:00 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:01 pmPosts: 1587Location: Now Colchester ESSEX but W12 in my veins!
We could have done with Clint Hill sorting the defence out (?bring him in as defensive coach?) and we desperately need a Shaun Derry type player in midfield. Our midfield is weak and disorganised putting greater pressure on our so called defence. They are also not putting probing balls (on the ground please) to Wells who spent most of the game out wide looking for the ball.

The two wide defenders also give far too much room for wingers or wingbacks to cross the ball into our area.
Up front Hugill was missed against two tall central defenders and we need to get a similar dominating centre forward in.

Hall had a good game but there is the ever present risk of injury and Manning going forward put in his usual all action game. His defensive qualities are lacking and maybe somewhat like the departed Furlong he could play further forward.

Three good signings in January will enable us to consolidate our good start and push us on in a very open league.

And....that was not a penalty!! :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Regardless of what else happened in the match........How can that referee even look in the mirror this morning, he is a bloody disgrace to award a penalty for that.
That guy leapt up in the air like he had seen a f***** big snake in the grass, and the ref awards a penalty. The referee should be banned for life, won't tell you the language I was using when I saw it, absolutely disgraceful!!!!

Offline Profile