INDEPENDENT Rs | The Boot Room : West Brom: Poor All-Round Today!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:21 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:10 pmPosts: 10791Location: W12 now South Harrow
Poor all round today, over confident at the start maybe? Sloppy, gave the ball away too often, match littered with fouls....and Sky TV. :roll:

Good reception for Charlie Austin & when he was subbed, didn't understand why a few had to boo Darnell?????

And good early meet-up with Dubliner, his son & John22 in the Crown & Sceptre.

Also good to see Steve Quashie on the pitch with some of his squad at ht, Tommy Smith was interviewed during the break.

Thanks to everyone that bought badges off me today....

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:51 am Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:32 amPosts: 4675Location: top of the list according to pisspot
I didn't hear Furlong get abuse, Phillips yes, which I still don't understand.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:38 am Reply with quote
No complaints, we were second best all day.

Every time Charlie got on the ball, I was hoping he wouldn't score. I got the feeling he just going through the motions, and feeling the same.
He was brilliant, when he was with us and he got a deserved fantastic reception.

As said Philips was booed very badly??????????????

Apart from the result, we had an excellent trip.
Good to meet up again Steve.
The boys enjoyed their sausage sandwiches with brown sauce just before half time, with no complaints, and we headed back to the Crown and Sceptre after the match.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:41 am Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:35 pmPosts: 552Location: It's in the Name
Poor display all-round as you say Steve but still managed to enjoy the day despite that, the Ireland result and no pies at half-time! Luckily John had come loaded-up with an extra supply of sausage sandwiches that kept us going.

Great to meet-up as always Steve and hopefully we can get another visit in before year-end. Met some other Irish R’s, including Steve (Inked-up) outside the ground afterwards; all pretty disappointed, more with the performance more than the result.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:09 am Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:26 amPosts: 2330Location: Walkden Manchester
We were certainly second best throughout in all departments and like I have been saying all season we simply cannot defend. This is especially true when up against good quality goal scoring teams like West Brom. Such a pity.

Clean Sheets? You are having a laugh! Cardiff have scored already! :(