INDEPENDENT Rs | The Boot Room : Ilias Chair agrees a New 3-Year Deal...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:07 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:10 pmPosts: 10793Location: W12 now South Harrow
Great news......ILIAS Chair has agreed a new three-year deal with QPR which will keep him at the club until 2023.

The 21-year-old, who joined the R’s in 2017 following a successful trial, has featured regularly under Mark Warburton this season and started the last four games in all competitions.

After signing a three-year extension on his existing deal which was due to
expire next summer, Chair told http://www.qpr.co.uk: “I am very pleased and very happy."

“I feel this is the start. In life when you do something and you get rewarded, you move onto the next thing, the next target.

“Now that I have signed this contract I am focused on the next one.”

Chair says the passing style of play introduced by Warburton, coupled with the faith shown in young players at QPR, played a big part in his decision to commit his future to the club, adding: “This was all key for me.

“The way that we play, the way that the club works, it was all so important.”

R’s fans have been vocal in their support of Chair both in the stadium and on social media, and the Moroccan Under-23 international admitted: “It gives me such a lift to hear that and gives me confidence as well.

“I just want to repay them now and I will be working hard to do that every time I play.”

Les Ferdinand, QPR’s Director of Football, added: “Ilias has done very well for us and it is really pleasing to agree a new contract with him.”

Chair spent the second half of last season on loan at Stevenage and scored six times in 16 appearances for the League Two side.

Ferdinand believes that spell was pivotal to Chair’s development, adding: “He did very well at Stevenage.

“He gained game-time and confidence and that’s the whole point of using the loan system like we do.

“But as well as being a good footballer he is a good character as well.

“He knows what he wants out of life and he knows what he wants out of football.”

Ilias Chair was our guest on The Loftcast earlier this week – you can listen to it here.

Offline Profile