INDEPENDENT Rs | The Boot Room : Mide Shodipo's Contract Extension: Well done to the Club..

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:17 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:10 pmPosts: 10791Location: W12 now South Harrow
Well done to the Club on awarding him a contract extension. He worked very hard last season after his previous set-back....

MIDE Shodipo has put pen to paper on a contract extension with QPR, committing his future to the club until the summer of 2022.

The 22-year-old – a tricky winger – is nearing a return to fitness following injury and manager Mark Warburton is delighted that Shodipo has extended his deal.

“Mide had a really good pre-season; he worked hard and performed well,” Warburton told http://www.qpr.co.uk. “He was very unfortunate to get the injury that he did but he is well on the road to recovery now and I am delighted for him. This is a great move by the club.

“He’s a player who has a real hunger and desire when he plays. He’s keen to learn and has a great attitude, so he has all the required attributes to do well as a young professional.

“Now his mindset has to be to push on every single day and he showed me during pre-season that he possesses that determination to keep improving.”

Shodipo made his senior QPR debut on the opening day of the 2016/17 season, starting Rangers’ 3-0 victory over Leeds United in W12.

Since then, his game time has been restricted by injury and now he is eager to repay the belief that the club have shown in him.

Shodipo said: “I’m delighted that the club has shown faith in me, they’ve trusted me and now I want to perform and repay that when I get my opportunity. I’m very grateful.

“The way the team is playing at the moment is amazing. It’s something different to what we have had in the last few years and I hope that we can build on that, continue and do well this season.”

QPR have a further year’s option beyond 2022.

Offline Profile