INDEPENDENT Rs | The Boot Room : Portsmouth - Last Night

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:27 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:10 pmPosts: 10788Location: W12 now South Harrow
The wholesale changes didn't work and I'm struggling to come up with many positives :roll:

We stroked the ball around for the first 20 mins or so, but didn't really move into 2nd gear.

With Pompey coming more & more into the game, Toni Leistner gave away a penalty. Why did Liam Kelly have to take the ball off the spot and hand it to John Marquis :roll: Mr Joyce booked him & the kick was put down the middle.

Surprised Bright was taken off, Pugh in a great position, headed straight at the keeper.

Some of our play reminded me of last season where we just kept knocking it about without getting anywhere, other times we were sloppy & gave it away.

Their second goal was X-Certificate, hope those responsible are made to watch it over & over again :shock: Many fans had had enough & left.

Eze put the ball in the net in added time but after consultation with the lino he apparently ruled it out for offside, which I thought at the time was impossible :?:

Attendance: 7,783 which included 1,874 Pompey fans.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:14 pm Reply with quote
It's a real struggle to find anything positive to say about last night.

Not a very happy couple of matches for Liam Kelly so far, although he couldn't do very much about the goals...... Something of the Ingram about him I'd say.

We just have to put a bad night behind us and triumph at Hillsborough again.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:20 am Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:26 amPosts: 2330Location: Walkden Manchester
Another game without a clean sheet. Sadly no surprise there.