INDEPENDENT Rs | The Boot Room : West London Sport saying Kelly & Wallace have agreed...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:49 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:10 pmPosts: 10775Location: W12 now South Harrow
.....personal terms.

'Liam Kelly and Lee Wallace have agreed personal terms with QPR and are set to formally complete their moves to Loftus Road.

The club are looking to tie up the signing of Livingston keeper Kelly, who previously played under new R’s boss Mark Warburton at Glasgow Rangers, and offload Matt Ingram.

Kelly, 23, is being brought in to compete for a place with Joe Lumley, while Ingram has been made available for a move.

Glasgow Rangers left-back Lee Wallace, who turns 32 in August, also played under Warburton at Ibrox and is available on a free transfer.'

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:28 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:10 pmPosts: 10775Location: W12 now South Harrow
Liam Kelly now confirmed.....

QPR have completed the signing of Liam Kelly from Livingston for an undisclosed fee.

The goalkeeper has signed a four-year deal. Kelly, 23, came through the ranks at Glasgow Rangers before joining Livi 12 months ago following a successful loan spell in 2016/17.

The goalkeeper will begin pre-season training at the end of June

After making more than 40 appearances in all competitions for the SPL outfit this season, the Scotland squad keeper is now looking forward to a new challenge with the R’s.

We are delighted to confirm the signing of highly-rated goalkeeper Liam Kelly
The Scottish stopper has signed a four-year contract

He becomes manager Mark Warburton's first QPR signing

“I felt now was the right time for me to try something new and QPR gave me that opportunity,” he said.

“Knowing the manager and how his teams play, it was something I couldn’t say no to. How the gaffer conducts himself is brilliant and that was a really attractive part of the move.”

Kelly also says the reputation of the R’s had an impact on his decision, adding: “QPR is a well-known club all over the world and that attraction was massive.

“Hopefully I can have a positive impact and help the club do well.”
Kelly is Mark Warburton’s first signing as QPR boss, and the gaffer is pleased to join up with the young keeper once again.

“Liam is outstanding with his feet, he has great distribution and he is a very good shot stopper,” Warburton said.

“Joe Lumley did exceptionally well for QPR last season so Liam’s job is to come here and compete. That’s what you want, you want competition all over the park.

“You have 24 or 25 competitive animals who are all keen to do well. You have to have that respectful competition for places.

“Liam will want that No.1 shirt, and Joe’s job will be to keep it and show what he can do.”

The transfer is subject to international clearance.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:31 pm Reply with quote
And also Lee Wallace. Welcome & good luck to both of them....

LEE Wallace has joined QPR on a two-year deal following the expiry of his contract with Glasgow Rangers.

The 31-year-old defender, who spent the last eight years at Ibrox, is looking forward to a new start in west London under his former ‘Gers boss, Mark Warburton.

“I am delighted to be here and really looking forward to the challenge ahead,” Wallace said. “This is an exciting time to play for a top football club.

I know I am coming to a great club to work with a top man and a top manager.

“The main thing that stands out about the manager here is the man he is, the quality of person. The impact he has made on me, both on and off the pitch, has been terrific and that made the decision to come here a lot easier.

“I know I am coming to a great club to work with a top man and a top manager.”

The move south represents Wallace’s first outside of Scotland, and he explained: “I just felt everything was right.

“I have had 15 seasons in Scotland and now is time for a fresh challenge and a very exciting challenge at that.”

As Wallace prepares for the English Championship, he says the physicality of the division is one he is relishing, adding: “That’s an area of excitement for me, I am really looking forward to it.”

Warburton admits he is delighted to bring the left-back to the club. “I am very pleased,” he said. “Lee is a top-class professional and a lot of clubs were after him so I’m delighted to get him on board.”

Warburton installed Wallace as his captain during his spell at Rangers, and added: “He is a natural leader and did a fantastic job for me while I was up there.

“He governed the dressing room and set the standards in the right way. He loves his football and is very much into the coaching and tactical side of the game.

“He has a point to prove. The last 18 months at Glasgow Rangers were difficult for him. I have no doubt he will come down here absolutely determined to prove many people wrong.”

The registration is subject to international clearance.

Offline Profile