INDEPENDENT Rs | The Boot Room : Warren Farm....

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:57 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:10 pmPosts: 10775Location: W12 now South Harrow

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:54 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:29 pmPosts: 734Location: Amberley Road W9 now Wealdstone
I do believe the little rascal is laughing at us Steve. Must be a Chelscum supporter :P

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:17 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:29 pmPosts: 734Location: Amberley Road W9 now Wealdstone
Skylark Nesting & Breeding Habits (Royal Society For The Protection Of Birds - RSPB).

Do Skylark fledglings return to the nest?

Skylarks only use nests as a place to incubate eggs (during May and early August) and raise their young. Once chicks fledge, adults and young do not typically continue to use the nest.

However, some birds will return to the same general areas to nest year after year.

Its the last paragraph thats a worry, and one that I am sure that Save Warren Farm have already done their homework on as a further delaying tactic. In my view, I am not sure now that this project is ever going to happen. These Nimby's never give up.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:34 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:01 pmPosts: 1648Location: Now Colchester ESSEX but W12 in my veins!
I assume the area they are nesting in was originally playing fields with short grass. It is therefore not an historical nesting area for skylarks who need a certain length of grass to nest. Due to neglect this nesting opportunity was created.
Interesting to know if this will be in our favour.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Have those pesky Skylarks flown the nest yet?

The Warren Farm project is not going to happen - Is It?

Offline Profile