INDEPENDENT Rs | The Boot Room : Warren Farm....

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 1:59 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:29 pmPosts: 730Location: Amberley Road W9 now Wealdstone
After all the prolonged legal wrangling (which QPR won at every stage) it appears that the Save Warren Farm group have come up with another ruse to delay the start of work on the proposed Training Ground Complex. They are now playing the ecological card, informing Ealing Council that the initial work on Warren Farm (fencing off of the site and removal of soil) due to have commenced in May, cannot now go ahead. The reason given is that the designated area due to cordoned off is (apparently) the nesting site of a protected species of bird, namely Skylark's. The nesting period is given as May until August, thereby delaying the start of work by a full three months.

QPR and Ealing Council (in my view) will have to tread very carefully here, because of the fact regarding the legal implications of disturbing a protected birds nesting site. One false move and the whole project could be jeopardized.

Today Skylark's, tomorrow Great Crested Newt's. Do these people ever give up?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 5:18 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:01 pmPosts: 1647Location: Now Colchester ESSEX but W12 in my veins!
It is ironic that if they do delay the start it will because the area has been neglected with long grass being the preferred nesting site of a Skylark.
You can’t win. Look after the pitches and keep the grass cut there is not a problem so I assume the grass has been uncut for several years if Skylarks are now resident.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 8:03 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:32 amPosts: 4693Location: top of the list according to pisspot
Several years ??? Try about 25 .

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 11:50 am Reply with quote
I think there might be bats in the vicinity too.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:56 pm Reply with quote
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:43 pmPosts: 49Location: Wendover and Secret under water volcano base.
If the locals walk their dogs at Warren Farm, I very much doubt a ground nesting bird would be nesting there.

I hope the club are checking this excuse out.

We probably have a lot of bird watchers on this site but unfortunately they don't watch the feathered variety :shock:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 12:45 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:29 pmPosts: 730Location: Amberley Road W9 now Wealdstone
As per usual Paul, the club seems to be reacting very slowly to this situation, which is so obviously a further delaying tactic by the Save Warren Farm mafia.

A communique issued by QPR stated that the Warren Farm site was to be fenced off during the early part of May so that soil clearance could commence. The club then said that they would be hiring an ecologist to check the site out for any signs of nesting Skylarks. Since then nothing. All very frustrating.

By the way, a belated very happy birthday Paul, hope you had a great day and see you in August :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Just Emailed Lee Hoos inquiring about the latest situation regarding Warren Farm. Skylark's, fencing off of the site, soil removal etc.

Be nice to get a positive response, but not holding my breath :roll:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 12:24 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:23 pmPosts: 3562Location: Running down the Uxbridge Road...
Warren Farm?
This saga's taking so long, it's more like War 'n' Peace.
:roll:

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 12:45 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:01 pmPosts: 1647Location: Now Colchester ESSEX but W12 in my veins!
I think if they stretch it out they hope we will forget it and I include the new stadium in that. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:51 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:23 pmPosts: 3562Location: Running down the Uxbridge Road...
Why not kill 2 birds with 1 stone & build the new stadium at Warren Farm??

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 5:17 pm Reply with quote
I see what you did there Steve :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Any developments on site yet or shall we file this in the pigs will fly (not with the Skylarks) shelf? :roll:

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Essex, just wish the club would come out with some sort of update !!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Yes Bill we are drip fed bits and pieces when they feel we need it to make it look as if things are happening then the silence is deafening.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Now been confirmed by Ealing Council that Skylarks are nesting on Warren Farm. Would be August at the earliest before ground work can commence.

Reference the Loft For Words website.

Offline Profile