INDEPENDENT Rs | The Boot Room : Forest....

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:05 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:10 pmPosts: 10783Location: W12 now South Harrow
A very decent crowd of over 15,000 included a big Forest turnout.

It was a very open game, and overall it was the good, the bad and the ugly.

Lewis Walker made his first start, Bright did well again, love to see him taking on defenders and was pleased to see Shodipo on the other wing in the 2nd half doing the same.

Joe Lumley made an outstanding save when he knocked Ansarifard’s close range effort onto the crossbar & as it came back, he then quickly smothered the ball.

Pantilimon made a very good stop at the near post from Tomer Hemed.

Forest scored after 55 mins when Ansarifard slotted home in front of the away fans. It was to be their first away win 15 attempts apparently but not surprisingly!

The standard of shooting was poor again! Nahki Wells twice aimed for someone in the Upper Loft!!! And as for the penalty, awarded after Robinson (yes he was constantly booed) handled, pity Ryan Manning didn’t take it.

Another unwelcome record was that we recorded our most home league defeats in a season…...EVER! Not surprisingly at the final whistle R’s fans headed for the exits in their droves.

Mike Kelly was interviewed at half-time and well done to Luke Freeman on winning 3 of the awards, plus Bright Osayi-Samuel & Rob Hanafan who travels to every game from Nottingham.

I couldn’t make the Crown & Sceptre pre-match but made a very rare appearance after in the Queens Tavern. It was to catch up with my good mate Michael Benwell, attending his last R’s match for some time, with his two sons Andrew & George.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:19 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:23 pmPosts: 3529Location: Running down the Uxbridge Road...
SteveRussell wrote:
Forest scored after 55 mins when Ansarifard slotted home in front of the away fans. It was to be their first away win 15 attempts

What is it with Rangers, do we have a soft spot for the underdog??
Why do we ALWAYS let teams who haven't won away for years leave with 3 points??
Why do we always do badly against, say, teams in the bottom 3??

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:12 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:01 pmPosts: 1637Location: Now Colchester ESSEX but W12 in my veins!
Also steve we get rid of the Nottingham Forest away curse and end up with getting the highest home defeats in a season record.
Only the Rs could do that in the same season.
Thanks for the report Steve did you not stay for the usual lap of dishonour. :oops:
Why the hell did the club let that go ahead? Looking at video of it there appeared to be less than 1000 in the ground including stewards keeping the crowds back :lol:
Hopefully whoever comes in will spend the summer showing the players the goals at either end of Loftus Road and seeing if they can get any balls in them.

If all you have to do is play football and get paid exorbitant amounts to do so wouldn’t you think they could find the net more than they do.
We need to go overboard on acquiring centre forwards and not the usual midfielders overload. Then one may come good.
How we have managed to not have good junior centre forwards coming through is beyond me.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:47 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:26 amPosts: 2328Location: Walkden Manchester
That's 3 seasons out of 4 since relegation from the premiership that we have ended up down amongst the dead men! Nearly relegated on two occasions

I understood that situation in prior campaigns when the vast majority of the squad were mostly mediocre or downright dross but this season I honestly thought in the main we had better players. We were right up there in the top part of the League in January.....What the hell went wrong? I will never comprehend as long as I live!