INDEPENDENT Rs | The Boot Room : Ins and outs

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:36 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:01 pmPosts: 1695Location: Now Colchester ESSEX but W12 in my veins!
Now we are nearing the end of the season it is going to be very interesting to see who we let go at the end of the season, and, it would be interesting to see who we all feel we need to keep.

I would keep Rangel as a Clint Hill influence in the dressing room but it is doubtful if we can afford Wells, Cameron and Hemed to be signed.
Obviously we are a different team with Cameron, Rangel and Wells playing so it is going to be a big ask to replace them under restrictions on the finance front and I assume the loss of the parachute payments.

The out on loan players will obviously return and I assume will be in the matchday squad if there are departures.
Presumably Lynch will depart and Scowen has faded from the standards when he first played.
So who would you keep lads and lasses?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:06 pm Reply with quote
someone released the accounts for last year, still losing a bundle and 98% of income goes on players wages. Some astute business is required in the summer. I don't expect any major signings in the forseeable future :(

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:09 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:01 pmPosts: 1695Location: Now Colchester ESSEX but W12 in my veins!
Yes it is not looking good after release of those figures. It looks like the bulk of the team may be made up of home grown youngsters as we offload senior players to balance the books. :roll:

I suspect it will be a long hard season especially if we sell the likes of Freeman and Eze.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:53 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:26 amPosts: 2354Location: Walkden Manchester
Yep No major signings on the horizon for next season that is for sure. FFP bites!

I am pleased that we at least somehow got some reasonable championship players in for this season...makes a change from putting mostly mediocrity on the books that went before!

Cameron Wells Rangel and Hemed are more than OK at this level but can we keep them?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:12 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:23 pmPosts: 3617Location: Running down the Uxbridge Road...
Kerrins wrote:
Yep No major signings on the horizon for next season that is for sure. FFP bites! ........

Not just FFP, if we're spending 98% of income on players' wages, there's obviously nothing left for any new signings. So we will have to offload some first before we can get nay new blood in.