INDEPENDENT Rs | The Boot Room : Portsmouth: Last Night...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:29 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:10 pmPosts: 10862Location: W12 now South Harrow
Prior to kick-off there was a minute’s silence in memory of Matthew Brazier and
Academy analyst, Anthony Pallett. May they Rest in Peace.

Joe Gallen’s & Kenny Jacket’s return to Loftus Road was acknowledged over the pa.

Although we were the better side in the 1st half and I don’t remember the visitors managing anything on target, I thought at times that we were a big sluggish moving forward. However that was to change after the break.

Just after the half-hour mark, Darnell Furlong headed Luke Freeman’s corner against the crossbar.

We went up a gear in the 2nd half & pretty much dominated proceedings.

Nahki Wells was put through but was unable to pull the trigger due to an excellent late tackle by Matt Clarke.

Not surprising, but have to say it was a relief, when we eventually took the lead after around 70 minutes when Nahki Wells scrambled the ball in the net.

And when Matty Smith’s bullet header hit the back of the net it was definitely all over.

As Matty Smith departed to a standing ovation, it was good to see Tomer Hemed come on and get some game time.

Good all-round team performance & I thought it was Josh Scowen’s best game in quite a while.

Cracking atmosphere and on to the 5th Round for the first time in 22 years. Pity only 13,115 were there to lap it up. Hopefully R’s fans will turn out in greater numbers Friday week.

Offline Profile