INDEPENDENT Rs | The Boot Room : David Wheeler has been Recalled....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:16 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:10 pmPosts: 10874Location: W12 now South Harrow
News from the Portsmouth website....

David Wheeler has left Pompey after being recalled from his loan spell by Queen's Park Rangers.

The 28-year-old forward made 18 appearances for the Blues after arriving from the Championship outfit back in August.

His final game for the club was certainly a memorable one, netting a late winner against Peterborough on Tuesday evening to send Pompey into the Checkatrade Trophy semi-finals.

Wheeler’s other two goals arrived in 4-0 cup victories over Gillingham at Fratton Park and away to Maidenhead.

Everyone at Fratton Park would like to thank David for his contribution and wish him well for the future.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:49 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:10 pmPosts: 10874Location: W12 now South Harrow
......and now heading for Milton Keynes FC.
News from the Offy site...

QPR attacker David Wheeler has joined League Two side Milton Keynes Dons on loan until the end of the season.

Wheeler, who was recalled from his loan spell at Portsmouth on Thursday after making 18 appearances this season, will link up with his former manager Paul Tisdale.

The 28-year-old played some of his best football under the Dons boss at Exeter City during his four-year spell at the Grecians.

MK Dons are currently fifth in League Two and head to Grimsby Town on Saturday.

Wheeler has made nine appearances, scoring one goal, for the R’s since he moved to Loftus Road in August 2017.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:30 am Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:32 amPosts: 4718Location: top of the list according to pisspot
Normally I would wish him well and hope his team improves with him there. But I can't. I hope he does well on a personal level but I hope they lose EVERY game from now until May. The ONLY club I detest with a passion.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:17 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:23 pmPosts: 3637Location: Running down the Uxbridge Road...
Nice strategic move there, pulling him out of Pompey before we play them in the Cup.
But if he's going to be out on loan permanently (at least until we draw the Dons in the next round), can we not sell him altogether??