INDEPENDENT Rs | The Boot Room : Just got back......

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:16 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:17 amPosts: 1997
A poor result against a poorer side.

Today showed we have very little in depth regarding our squad.

Players that came in..... simply not good enough at this level.

With Luongo out, once again, it was both Luke Freeman and Josh Scowen who were simply miles ahead of anyone else.
Without anyone of these 3 players, will be a struggle throughout the season.

A back four who were shaky to say the least, and up front, both, once again deceive to flatter.

You know what you get with Mackie, however, can someone tell me what Washington brings to the party week in week out, as am at a loss....??

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:44 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:29 pmPosts: 730Location: Amberley Road W9 now Wealdstone
Just watched Holloway's post match comments on the Official Site. God this man is annoying. The interviewer managed to ask just two questions in a 4 minute 30 segment. The last answer (monologue) Holloway gave lasted about 3 minutes, and that was that. Holloway mentioned something about a player that was late for training, and that was why "Louie" didn't play today. I can only assume he meant Luongo, but he was supposed to be ill according to reports. Very strange :?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:55 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:10 pmPosts: 10774Location: W12 now South Harrow
There was suddenly a flurry of stewards setting off up at South Africa Road pre-match. Didn't think Burton had brought a Firm, eventually on the horizon, I spotted a track suited Nigel Clough leading his players up the road.

We all know about our defensive availability problems but why did Ollie stick Yeni in centre-mid? Really don't think Conor should have started, but to be fair a lot of his service was long/high ball :roll:

Luongo was badly missed and LuaLua was left out for discipline reasons apparently.

The visitors almost took the lead after 12 mins but Alex Smithies managed to smother the ball as it came off the post..

Freeman put over a dangerous ball and it came off their defender goal-bound and Stephen Bywater managed to stop it despite diving the wrong way.

Ollie did thankfully change it for the second-half and although we had most of the possession and eventually 3 strikers on the pitch, there was very little actually on target :shock:

Matty Smith didn't win very much in the air, Conor was ineffective, and I'm hoping Sylla starts on Tuesday night :idea:

On a positive note I really liked the look of Bright Osayi-Samuel. He was very lively down the left wing, a breath of fresh air and I also hope he starts at Barnsley.

Someone decided to suddenly run on the pitch and was marched off :?: and Mark Falco and Dennis Bailey were interviewed at half-time.

Attendance: 12,500 including maybe around 250 Burton fans.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:47 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:17 amPosts: 1997
Really don't think Conor should have started, but to be fair a lot of his service was long/high ball :roll:

So agree re start Steve, and service was poor, but he is proving week in week out that he cant cut it..... his contribution is poor.... no confidence, bad decision making, cannot defend from the front, doesn't hold it up, has absolutely no understanding with Mackie... seen milk turn quicker.... Harsh?.... without doubt, but its how I see it.

Lets hope he proves me wrong.... would be delighted.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:26 am Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:32 amPosts: 4693Location: top of the list according to pisspot
I'd argue both Mackie and Washington have been poor this season but they seem to be the preferred option. Yeni was poor today as was Furlong and were both rightly replaced. Two players who should be more up for it than the regulars. It's took a while but I think Robinson has played well recently with Baptiste.
Don't even start me on Bidwell. If he took 100 crosses a season about 3 of them would beat the first defender and find a team mate. To call him ordinary is being kind.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:50 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:01 pmPosts: 1647Location: Now Colchester ESSEX but W12 in my veins!
Why do we have so many players reported as having poor games?

Leaving aside the fact that they are basically not up to the quality we need reports are frequently littered with comments relating to several players having poor games. Does more money received equal less effort on the field knowing also that their potential replacements are equally inept and their places are not at risk? Does counting their money and spending it take it out of them when they are not training/playing? :roll:

I had high hopes for Washington having been at his first game cameo but it has been a downward spiral of mainly mediocrity and don't get me started on his inability to either hit a ball with power or direct it to the side of the goalkeeper.

We should be encouraging our youth players as they can't do any worse than some of the first choice players who drift in and out of games when they feel like it. Now is the time to play them whilst we still have plenty of the season to correct the situation if it all goes pear-shaped.

At least our 60's and 70's players gave their all for a fraction of the wages paid today.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:18 am Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:23 pmPosts: 3562Location: Running down the Uxbridge Road...
Bill Elkins wrote:

Holloway mentioned something about a player that was late for training, and that was why "Louie" didn't play today. I can only assume he meant Luongo, but he was supposed to be ill according to reports. Very strange :?

According to the papers, that was LuaLua; his father died in August so Ollie has some sympathy, but thought he should've turned up on time.

btw, for all you lot who didn't enjoy the game, spare a thought for poor old me. I was feeling unwell before the match, put up with it until half-time then decided to get medical help. Watched the entire 2nd half on the tv in the St. John Ambulance treatment room!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:35 am Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:10 pmPosts: 10774Location: W12 now South Harrow
Are you ok now Steve :?:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:45 am Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:23 pmPosts: 3562Location: Running down the Uxbridge Road...
Yeah, got home OK & haven't had a relapse; going to see GP this afternoon.
May be connected with the gallstone I was told I had, last week?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:28 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:01 pmPosts: 1647Location: Now Colchester ESSEX but W12 in my veins!
Wishing you well Steve (well as well as you can be supporting this team! :D )

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:04 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:26 amPosts: 2329Location: Walkden Manchester
Wishing you well soon Steveqpr881. Good Luck.

The decent form and performances from our first five difficult games has not been maintained.

I fear we are heading for the bottom seven zone.

Lets face it we simply don't have the squad to make an impression at Championship level....and its always been the same ever since we were relegated from the premiership in 2015.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Yes Young Kerrins we are obviously a team capable of going on bad runs as shown last season and we need to get something out of our next three games as we will be near the bottom brigade.
We only just survived last season despite the claims we would not go down with six or seven games to go. I was not as optimistic then which gave me no pleasure.
It is so difficult to drag yourself out of bad runs and we may run out of there being poorer teams than us, and there are some big names at the bottom at the moment who cannot afford to stay there.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Never mind the match, back to more important issues - me.
Thanks for all the good wishes, I saw the quack yesterday & she puts my 'funny turn' down to dyspepsia; said the gall stone is nothing to worry about. But still arranged for me to have an ecg & urine test.
Anyway, back to the match; I quite enjoyed the 1st half & cant understand some of the criticisms made against various players. Are we in danger of comparing them to great Rs players of the past? In which case they'll always suffer by comparison. Or am I just a 'glass half full' person? - which I maintain any Rs fan has to be!
:wink:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:11 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:26 amPosts: 2329Location: Walkden Manchester
Steve. Glad to see matters are moving in your favour on the health front.

Sadly recent events on the pitch are not moving in favour of QPR FC.

I think Fulham will turn us over...but I suppose you never know in Football.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:02 pm Reply with quote
We can beat anyone on our day, kerrins; let's hope Friday is that day.
On a purely selfish front, I'm actually glad for once that the game has been moved to Friday (curse of the cameras notwithstanding), as trains from Reading to Paddington will be disrupted on Saturday.