INDEPENDENT Rs | The Boot Room : Swansea

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:56 am Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:01 pmPosts: 1691Location: Now Colchester ESSEX but W12 in my veins!
So from all accounts that was an excellent performance which begs various questions.

Why could we not perform like that in the past 16 or so matches?

Was McClaren holding us back and Eustace wanted to implement the changes he has now made?

Were the players read the riot act by senior management and told to justify what we are paying them?

We shall see in the remaining matches if they continue to perform but we usually lose our last few matches if nothing to play for but the players owe us big time.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:52 am Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:10 pmPosts: 10880Location: W12 now South Harrow
Swansea came into the game having won their 4 previous matches. I expected the main threat to be the pace of James & Routledge but it didn't happen.

And what did we get, amazingly 3 goals in the first 15 mins which knocked the stuffing out of the visitors :D Darnell's diving header on 3 mins from a corner got us underway.

Just before Massimo Luongo's goal on 54 min was the mother of all goalmouth scrambles in the Swansea box.

28% possession :?:

2 clean sheets, we should have won by more and how refreshing it it is to see us move the ball forward much more quickly.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:20 am Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:01 pmPosts: 1691Location: Now Colchester ESSEX but W12 in my veins!
Yes Steve some scramble watching the highlights! Half the time it seemed to be Rs players getting in the way of it going in we had so many players in the area!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:12 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:23 pmPosts: 3639Location: Running down the Uxbridge Road...
REJOICE !!! Blue_Light_Colorz_PDT_03

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:58 pm Reply with quote
What a great day and brilliant to see the fans in such good form too.
It could have been eight!!
I must say that I enjoyed every minute of it and how lucky was I to be at the game.
There is no doubt that the early goals knocked the stuffing out of Swansea but I thought we were very well organised and I loved the fighting spirit to chase every ball.

Offline Profile