INDEPENDENT Rs | The Boot Room : The Bench

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:55 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:01 pmPosts: 1695Location: Now Colchester ESSEX but W12 in my veins!
No not a new legal series but it follows on from a little bit of a shameless promotion of another site and the reading of the wonderful report on the Wednesday fiasco by Clive on Loft for Words I commend the reading of it to this house.

He reminded me of something during the match, and yes I had plenty of occasions to think of such mundane things, I forgot to comment on.

After intensive treatment from the hospital I feel able to comment now. :D

What the **** do the large number of people populating our bench actually do!?? :(
The numbers seem to have grown as our wealth has reduced and their ability to influence matches with their sage like scribblings has reduced match by match.

Do they produce reports each week confirming we are putting in crap performances in case it hadn't been noticed? :roll:
If they have told the Manager at half time the performance levels of each player does it get lost in translation?
Are they not supposed to correct the abysmal way we play as individuals and as a team, either during a match or between matches?

At the end of the day these so called experts are costing us much money that could be otherwise be spent assembling a decent team.
Are footballers so thick they need to be told every week how to play football?
If so try telling that to our great players of the 60's and 70's who played for fun and a fraction of the current squads individual salaries.

I feel better now! :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:21 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:23 pmPosts: 3617Location: Running down the Uxbridge Road...
26 views & no reply........ :roll:
Anyway, you've been on Loft For Words then, my emperor?
How's Steve Zico these days??
We should be told.
:P

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:48 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:01 pmPosts: 1695Location: Now Colchester ESSEX but W12 in my veins!
Yes I do stray to the Dark Side occasionally! :roll:

The lack of answers may mean nobody understands why they have proliferated as we have declined.
The boy Russell tells me up 14 of these bench warmers can be found at U23 matches!!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:44 amPosts: 166Location: Belfast
My own theory is that in the wee white mice infested wee head of SmC he thinks he's still in charge of some mega huge club/international outfit which demands a massive entourage of operational, techinical, physical , medical and ice cream executive supervisors. And a kit man.
Who knows, maybe a Boot man and A laces guy/gal. Maybe he just suffers from loneliness anxiety and wants to have a gang.
Its just a theory tho.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Thanks murf for enlightening me!

Are you not forgetting the all important hair stylist for the modern player and McClaren's personal umbrella holder?! :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:44 amPosts: 166Location: Belfast
Yeah, the list could be endless, watch what you wish for.
I mean, someone to feed the wee fecking white mice is a must.
I used to like the guy, he got us to Wembley, tho HR tried his best to sabotage that.
These days you have to guess at least one of the entourage is a nurse from the care home.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:49 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:26 amPosts: 2354Location: Walkden Manchester
I have heard of that old saying....The more the merrier.....but not a lot of joy around since the turn of the year.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:51 am Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:32 amPosts: 4710Location: top of the list according to pisspot
I remember a reserve game at Brentford's training ground about 5-6 years ago . On one side of the pitch there were dugouts. We had 4 subs resplendent in red sweatshirts/training tops. Next to them were 12 backroom staff in the same training tops. On this side of pitch we're Harry and a plethora of backroom staff, Bondy, Paul Furlong etc numbering 7. My mate asked Harry 'what do all those people in red tops do all day?'. Harry replied ' I have no idea, the bloke on the right, he's a video bloke who records every game and we watch it back later, I don't even know his name'.

It appears nothing has changed.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:17 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:23 pmPosts: 3617Location: Running down the Uxbridge Road...
Seems to me we could trim our wages bill if we cleared out some of the dead wood.