This card was No.14 in a set of 50 depicting ‘Football Club Colours’. Issued by Ogden’s in 1906, the reverse side of the card reads: ‘Formed in 1885 as the amateur St Jude’s Institute, they became the Queen’s Park Rangers in 1889, and adopted professionalism in 1898, joining the Southern League in 1899-1900. Formerly the club played at the Kensal Rise Athletic Ground, but now are located at Park Royal. Won the Western League championship in 1905-06.’
Other clubs featured in the series included: New Brompton, West Ham United, Notts County, Woolwich Arsenal and also various Rugby clubs such as Richmond, Penarth and RFC Devonport. These cards were inserted into packets of cigarettes.